2015 NCAA football discussion thread

This Grier situation is still developing. Some say one thing, some say it was another. Then there is a story that it was something in the medication that he took for the flu.

In all cases, everything that was mentioned was legal OTC supplement, just not allowed by NCAA rules.

This Grier situation is still developing. Some say one thing, some say it was another. Then there is a story that it was something in the medication that he took for the flu.

In all cases, everything that was mentioned was legal OTC supplement, just not allowed by NCAA rules.
Too be suspended for a YEAR is extreme ...

How did Greir happen to be the guy they chose to test ?

I'm thinking it has to be a more than once issue.

Not saying it is, just thinking it seems odd that a 1st offense like this with a OTC would warrant this much of a suspension.
Perfect timing for LSU though.
Almost always benefits an sec team.

Spurrier retiring.
I wonder if hips or back is the cause. Whatever is the cause, hope it's nothing serious.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/12/report-south-carolinas-steve-spurrier-retiring/

Saw this coming just as I see Beamer's day coming soon if he loses another game this year. The fan base is tired of ups and downs and the "knee the ball for sportsmanship with 2minutes left to play in most games we win". I'm like every other fan..I paid good money to see the team PLAY not take a knee if even once. I'm all for sportsmanship but kneeing the ball when you can do a few runs or a nice pass down field isn't right. There are other players on the team that could be shifted in a few plays that haven't been out there yet too. Sportsmanship also doesn't win championships and every VT fan knows this by now that this isn't how Beamer is. The man built a great program but its time for him to take his leave while he's still on a high and let someone step in to take it to the next level... (not his son either).

Saw this coming just as I see Beamer's day coming soon if he loses another game this year. The fan base is tired of ups and downs and the "knee the ball for sportsmanship with 2minutes left to play in most games we win". I'm like every other fan..I paid good money to see the team PLAY not take a knee if even once. I'm all for sportsmanship but kneeing the ball when you can do a few runs or a nice pass down field isn't right. There are other players on the team that could be shifted in a few plays that haven't been out there yet too. Sportsmanship also doesn't win championships and every VT fan knows this by now that this isn't how Beamer is. The man built a great program but its time for him to take his leave while he's still on a high and let someone step in to take it to the next level... (not his son either).
Do you think Beamer is ready to retire, or gonna be forced out and how old is he ?

Reason I'm asking is if he still wanted to coach, I'm sure a team with a good staff now, would add him for his Special Team prowlness alone.

he gained 43 lbs of muscle in a year, people have been speculating about steroids since he weighed in at the start of the summer.
Actually this is widely circulated, but apparently (possibly) untrue number. According to the official measurements from the school:

Scott Carter ?@GatorsScott 3m3 minutes ago
This from @GatorsFB training staff player measurents for Grier: 6-2, 183 in Jan. 2014 when he got here; 6-2, 203 in Aug. 2015.

Scott Carter ?@GatorsScott 2m2 minutes ago
Have seen all kinds of crazy numbers on Twitter in last hour; those are his official measurements in 18 months at UF. #Gators

If the numbers from the school are correct, and I have no reason to think that they would not be, that is 20 pounds in 18 months, which is what one would expect from an first year player in a college football strength and conditioning program. Especially one so lean with no fat to burn off first.

The lowest reported number I have seen on him out of highschool was 175, most say 185 and the official school weight is at that. The highest range is 205, with the official school weight right at that.

And Florida takes another hit with Porter being dismissed after felony arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any team playing Auburn needs to kneel down the first two downs of offense and call any play you want and you'll get a first down.
Absolutely awful.
Sorry Ramy

Geesh. People wonder why I hate hate hate to fly.

OU has been sitting in the terminal at OKC for 8hrs now. AAR and United have tried to send 4 different planes to OKC from Houston to take Sooners to Manhattan for tomorrow's K-State game. 1 in OKC failed to pass engine inspection. 2 in Houston failed inspection 3rd was ready to takeoff and had to abort. 8hrs and 16 mins after boarding first plane, they apparently have 1 that's passed inspection and is ready to leave OKC now. They could have driven to Manhattan by now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Rafael Palmeiro

NFL games in China? It could happen by 2018, according to report

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)