2015 NCAA football discussion thread

I remember earlier in the year when Bama looked no where near like Champions ... but ghey came around nicely and won it all .... why do you think the Buckeyes would be any different ?
My opinion is based on Bama having played two of the top Big 10 teams. OSU was possibly the best of the bunch even with the loss to MSU, but honestly, I think from what I have seen of them (b10) in comparison to us, that the top B10 teams were not as good as their records and rankings might have hinted. In my opinion only, several teams could have done as well as OSU with the same schedule, perhaps even run the table.

And the interception. Those were the three key plays.

And the highest and lowest rankings of those were thrown out, so if one tries to influence it drastically, it is more or less taken care of.
I just liked the three different separated components of that selection process. It allowed for less potential bias IMO.
Not really any different than it is now except you don't have the computer poll .... you still have a bunch of people deciding it.

Once it goes to an 8 team playoff it will be better ... then we can really have a playoff without to many complaining .... 9 and 10 will and it could skip 8 and go to 10.

I like the idea of having home field for.the higher seeds as well.

Sounds much the same in Columbus ... except the Buckeyes are occasionally losing a commit due to not being able to get on the field.

Bama has had quite a few transfer for the same reason. Many big talent laden schools have.

Not really any different than it is now except you don't have the computer poll .... you still have a bunch of people deciding it.

Once it goes to an 8 team playoff it will be better ... then we can really have a playoff without to many complaining .... 9 and 10 will and it could skip 8 and go to 10.

I like the idea of having home field for.the higher seeds as well.
Home field yes, 8 teams, no. Not for me anyway.

That will dilute the regular season more than I would prefer.

I am in favor of an 8 team playoff and use the top 8 in the AP poll. no conf champ game which solves the extended season or extra game arguement, just use that weekend normally for conf championshipos for the 1st round. Also no loser team getting in by pulling an upset just the best teams all year long. If you lose early you have time to work your way back up. no selection committee bologna, disbann them. seeding determined by position in the poll. Easy Peasy its stupid not to do it that way. eveyone would even have played the same number of games.

I am in favor of an 8 team playoff and use the top 8 in the AP poll. no conf champ game which solves the extended season or extra game arguement, just use that weekend normally for conf championshipos for the 1st round. Also no loser team getting in by pulling an upset just the best teams all year long. If you lose early you have time to work your way back up. no selection committee bologna, disbann them. seeding determined by position in the poll. Easy Peasy its stupid not to do it that way. eveyone would even have played the same number of games.
I like the idea for the most part, but you've eliminated a committee. .... who or how are the teams getting ranked ?

My opinion is based on Bama having played two of the top Big 10 teams. OSU was possibly the best of the bunch even with the loss to MSU, but honestly, I think from what I have seen of them (b10) in comparison to us, that the top B10 teams were not as good as their records and rankings might have hinted. In my opinion only, several teams could have done as well as OSU with the same schedule, perhaps even run the table.
Frankly I expect the buckeyes to lose to MIchigan and Michigan state this year.

Reactions: satjay
glad to hear. someones just got their head up their a@@ that runs the college football. Theres no need for all of this committe bologna if you use a little common sense.
I think they are trying to make it sound like the Basketball tournament .... which it will never be .... you could never do something like that seeing you can only play 1 game a week ....

I am not sure why people think that the final poll in a given year should have anything to do with the opening polls the next year.
Team make up changes drastically in a lot of cases.

Case in point, Ohio State was on a good roll at the end of the season, and ended up #4 I think, they will now lose 9 starters .... they should NOT start at #4 next year, even if they do have a top recruiting year.
Top as in say top 10.
They will be very good, AFTER everyone gells, which will take awhile.

Well Southern Miss lost another head coach after a decent (good for them) season. And so continues their new role as a stepping stone position since they fired Jeff Bower. Jeff bower who took them to a bowl in 10 of his last 11 seasons and had 14 or 15 straight winning seasons. They deserve it IMO, and lost me as a fan for that mess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)