2016 MLB Postseason

IMO, Terry Francona is unparalleled at navigating a bullpen through a postseason game. He did it in Boston, and now he's doing it in Cleveland
I agree, when I saw him coming to Cleveland, I thought, it wouldn't take long for him to get the team going strong ... actually surprised it took this long to get to the playoffs, but Detroit has been winning the Division consistently and then KC popped up last year.

I'm not superstitious or anything, but I put on my new t-shirt tonight:
IMG_1476934663.501794.jpg

You're welcome, Chicago...

—Roland

Reactions: salsadancer7
In addition to the GoatBusters shirt, I also had my Jon Lester bobblehead out last night.
FullSizeRender.jpg-5.jpeg
Game 6 Saturday night! The Chicago weather forecast for game time is clear and mid-50s. Should be interesting!

I'm looking forward to a Great Lakes World Series, complete with Lake Effect Snows ;)

Reactions: salsadancer7
Postseason predictions:

American League
Baltimore over Toronto

Texas over Baltimore in 4
Boston over Cleveland in 4

Texas over Boston in 6

National League
San Francisco over New York

San Francisco over Chicago in 5 (sorry Cubbie fans )
Washington over Los Angeles in 5

San Francisco over Washington in 6

World Series
Texas over San Francisco in 7
Well, at least you got the SF v NYM games right... I hope you didn't put any money on your predictions!;)

Well, at least you got the SF v NYM games right... I hope you didn't put any money on your predictions!;)

Yep, that's what happens when you post your predictions on a public forum......you either look like a genius or look like a dope. Either way, it wouldn't affect my life one iota ;)

Being a Tigers fan, knowing that Cleveland has been a thorn in thier side this year ....
Also have a buddy thats been a life long Cubs fan ....

Tons of Red Sox connections on BOTH teams. That and the fact that both franchises have long championship droughts, and I feel like I can't lose in this World Series. It will be tough for me not to root for Tito Francona, but I'm also a huge fan of both Theo Epstein and Jon Lester.

Reactions: Annie61
Tons of Red Sox connections on BOTH teams. That and the fact that both franchises have long championship droughts, and I feel like I can't lose in this World Series. It will be tough for me not to root for Tito Francona, but I'm also a huge fan of both Theo Epstein and Jon Lester.
I agree with your take and like all those you mentioned ....

Theo deserves a ton of credit for the Cubs being where they are.

This is what, his 2nd year there and he has them in the WS ?

Being a Tigers fan, knowing that Cleveland has been a thorn in thier side this year ....
Also have a buddy thats been a life long Cubs fan ....

Here is my thing. Everyone loves the Cubs because they play at wrigley and have not won for 108 years.

If they win this year, that makes them like every other MLB Team except that they still play in a 100 year old stadium.

I hate the Indians also, but not as bad as I would like to see the loosing streak go on 109 years.

Cmon Billy Goat curse. Do your magic

Not used to seeing Jon Lester struggle in a World Series start (3-0, 0.43 ERA before tonight)

If I'm Francona, I pull Kluber now. Hand the game over to Andrew Miller and company, and bring back Kluber on 3 days rest. He's only thrown 84 pitches tonight, and if he comes back for game 4 it would set him up to pitch a potential game 7

Tonight's game moved up to 7pm edt due to forcast rain

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Not used to seeing Jon Lester struggle in a World Series start (3-0, 0.43 ERA before tonight)
I've never seen a pitcher so afraid to throw to 1b ....
Early on he easily had an Indian picked off, but wouldn't throw over.
Indians should have a huge advantage when he pitches if they get on base ....run, run, run.....