2016 MLB Postseason

I've never seen a pitcher so afraid to throw to 1b ....
Early on he easily had an Indian picked off, but wouldn't throw over.
Indians should have a huge advantage when he pitches if they get on base ....run, run, run.....

Yeah, it's obviously all psychological, but it is very odd. Reminds me of another ex-Red Sox lefty from about 25 years ago, Matt Young. Obviously, Young couldn't hold Lester's jock when it comes to pitching, but they do share this unusual characteristic.

can someone tell MLB to start the season early or cut down on games because ending the World Series at end October is getting to be a bad idea, with the weather, look at tonight they move tonight game from 8 to 7, because of rain coming later tonight

can someone tell MLB to start the season early or cut down on games because ending the World Series at end October is getting to be a bad idea, with the weather, look at tonight they move tonight game from 8 to 7, because of rain coming later tonight

While I very much agree with shortening the regular season (something we will never see because of lost gate revenue), I actually think the weather is more unpredictable/inclement (on average) in early April than it is in late October/early November. Starting the season in late March is really asking for trouble. Of course, a lot of that problem could be solved if MLB had some common sense and played the first two weeks of the regular season in warm weather cities/domes. There's actually enough venues to achieve this.

Reactions: Annie61
This isn't bad, wait till it gets to November ... I think a few years ago, none of the WS started before Nov.

While I very much agree with shortening the regular season (something we will never see because of lost gate revenue), I actually think the weather is more unpredictable/inclement (on average) in early April than it is in late October/early November. Starting the season in late March is really asking for trouble. Of course, a lot of that problem could be solved if MLB had some common sense and played the first two weeks of the regular season in warm weather cities/domes. There's actually enough venues to achieve this.
This could be done easily, but, they (MLB) have said that the colder weather teams wouldn't go for that every year ... they want to start the season at home.

That said, I agree with you Bill.

Actually, they should shorten the season to about 140 games, that would be 2 weeks or so in the beginning and 2 at the end.

Reactions: Annie61
This isn't bad, wait till it gets to November ... I think a few years ago, none of the WS started before Nov.
Huh? There have only been a couple of games ever played in November, never a whole series.

The series is knotted up (not unlike my stomach after Game 1) and headed to Wrigley Field for the first time since 1945.

If the World Series does go back to Cleveland for Game 6 (and possibly Game 7) it will be the first time in either teams' history to have played a Postseason Game in November. The last game in the 1997 World Series was October 26, 1997, and two years before that, October 28.

DOES THE MLB ON TBS PACKAGE REALLY BENEFIT FANS AND VIEWERS?

This particular package is an enigma. First, it airs on Sunday afternoons and doesn’t have a consistent stating time unlike ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball which always airs at 8 p.m. ET. The MLB on TBS games could start at 1 p.m., 1:30 or even as late as 2 p.m. The package rarely airs games at 4 p.m., although it could if it wished.

And unlike the other sport to which which Turner own the rights, the NBA, production values and announcers pale in comparison to basketball. We’ve seen TBS try to hit the ground running when it broadcasts the MLB Postseason, but it has to play catch up. There was the silly scorebug which seemed to take up the entire upper left corner of your TV screen and it took a while before fans saw a pitch count graphic.

TBS also has had issues in the broadcast booth. It tried to showcase Chip Caray as its lead announcer, an experiment which just didn’t work whether he was constantly saying “FISTED” or describing a line drive as a base hit. Currently, Inside the NBA host Ernie Johnson is the lead announcer for the MLB on TBS, and while EJ is an excellent host, his play-by-play is not as strong as his studio work.

Really ?
I definitely remember games being real cold and played in Nov.
So far before this World Series which might not play in November there have bee 9 total games ever played in November and 2 of those 9 didn't actually start in November it ended in November.

Baseball being played this late in the year is usually a bad thing as you get players fighting the weather, same happens in April to start the season ... play gets much better in a bit warmer climate.

No point watching the series anymore. The cubs shouldn't even bother to show up for game 5[/QUOTA]Back to Cleveland! I guess the Cubs DID show up tonight! Phew!

History was made as it's been over 71 years since the Cubs won a World Series game in Wrigley Field.

Does it really matter? Does anyone really think they can take both games in Cleveland? Nope... Indians pitching is in their head big time...

Does it really matter? Does anyone really think they can take both games in Cleveland? Nope... Indians pitching is in their head big time...

They have their ACE on the mound...why not think you have a chance? Tell you what...if the Cubs win game 6... that Indians sphincter is gonna tighten up real quick.

I really wish the cubs would win but I dont see it. Lester was horrible last time out

Last edited:
I really wish the cubs would win but I dont see it. Lester was horrible last time out

The real issue has NOT been Cubs pitching but Cubs discipline at the plate. Tito has scouted the Cubs hitters perfectly. They cannot lay off the high heat or the deuce in the dirt. All other pitches pitches are inside. The scouting was perfect.

I just said the indians pitching was in their head. You can see the pressure get to them going after crappy pitches all the time. Combined with great pitching they are doomed.