2016 MLB Postseason

Game 6. Some of the most memorable games in baseball history have happened in game 6 of the World Series. Bernie Carbo, Carlton Fisk, Don Denkinger, Reggie Jackson, Bill Buckner, Mookie Wilson, Kirby Puckett, Joe Carter, Darrin Erstad, John Freese. If any of these men weren't household names going into game 6, they were coming out of game 6. What will happen tonight? Will the Indians win their first World Series in 68 years? Will the Cubs force a winner take all tomorrow night? One thing is pretty much guaranteed, there will be some drama tonight.....

Reactions: Annie61 and Foxbat
Really ?
I definitely remember games being real cold and played in Nov.

It used to be called the October Classic. You have to remember that the season grew from 154 to 162 games then came a league playoff (3 of 5 at first then 4 of t) thena divisional series and even the wild card round al of which made the world series later not earlier.

It used to be called the October Classic. You have to remember that the season grew from 154 to 162 games then came a league playoff (3 of 5 at first then 4 of t) thena divisional series and even the wild card round al of which made the world series later not earlier.
Correct ... thats wonderful Buds idea, pushing the games to the back side of October when adding more playoff games ... 1 WC game didn't hurt but when you add another one ... you may only be adding a few days, but it's still a few days.
I'm glad hes gone, if he was still there, he'd have a 5 game wild card by now pushing the WS back farther.

Personally, I think the WC game should be a 3 game series.

It's November 1st and the game time temp in Cleveland tonight was 71*. Admittedly that's a fluke, but I still say you have a MUCH better chance to have good weather in the North and East in Late Oct/early Nov than you do late March/early April. They're not going to reduce the schedule so again, IMO, it would be foolish to start the season earlier than they already do.

Game 6. Some of the most memorable games in baseball history have happened in game 6 of the World Series.
Game 6 of the 2016 World Series provided a chance for me to see Russell's Grand Slam for the Cubs! That was memorable! Plus, that awesome Russell - Baez - Rizzo Double Play; that was freakin' memorable!

Let's Play Game 7!!! The weather looks promising with temps around 70? and as long as the game doesn't go extra innings (why not the way they've been playing?) there's a chance of thunderstorms around midnight ET.

Reactions: BillD1984
Game 6 of the 2016 World Series provided a chance for me to see Russell's Grand Slam for the Cubs! That was memorable! Plus, that awesome Russell - Baez - Rizzo Double Play; that was freakin' memorable!

Let's Play Game 7!!! The weather looks promising with temps around 70? and as long as the game doesn't go extra innings (why not the way they've been playing?) there's a chance of thunderstorms around midnight ET.

And tonight is going to be so memorable for one of these franchises and for baseball in general. I live in the heart of Red Sox country, and even here the buzz over tonight's game is off the charts! Game Seven! The best two words in sports. Best of luck to all you Cubs and Indians fans tonight, it's gonna be a lot of fun!!

Reactions: Annie61 and Foxbat
Game 7, Tie game in extra innings ... midnight in the East and now a rain delay.

Fortunately its gonna be a short rain delay.

Now, that said, Its raining hard here, so I would guess they have about an hour or 2 till it rains bad over there.

What can I say? The GoatBusters shirt did its job and can now be retired.

Next Year is HERE!

—Roland

Reactions: Annie61 and Rey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts