2016 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has reinstated Tom Brady's four-game suspension stemming from his role in the "Deflategate" scandal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has reinstated Tom Brady's four-game suspension stemming from his role in the "Deflategate" scandal.

I think the Well's report and suspension are a joke but, from what i remember, that isn't the question here. It was; did Goodell have the power to suspend. If that is the original question, then the reinstatement of the penalty by the judge(s) is correct.

For the first time in many years, no participants in the NFL Scouting Combine tested positive for drugs. Kinda sad that it's being heralded as a huge accomplishment, since the players know they will be tested there.....

Interesting, we discussed this LAST year before the season started ... I pointed out that the Pats were opening the season against the Steelers and I didn't think they would not want Tom to play against another Top team and suspent him .... they changed thier mind and got the National audience they wanted .... dragged it out all season allowing him to play.

I haven't looked at thier schedule yet, but I see they have decided to suspend him for it again.

Wouldn't that be like getting suspended for your 4 games or whatever the length is and being able to CHOOSE what games you don't want to play ...

Or like getting suspended at work for a week and saying OK, I'll take a Friday off for the next month.

Amazing.

For the first time in many years, no participants in the NFL Scouting Combine tested positive for drugs. Kinda sad that it's being heralded as a huge accomplishment, since the players know they will be tested there.....
At least that we have heard ... I wouldn't be surprised to find out other wise after the Draft.

lol, what.

The NFL had the testing done. They're the ones that announced it.

Nobody manipulated the suspension timing either, players do that by dropping their appeal at certain times so they can put it off a game or two if it's advantageous. After arbitration this hasn't been about the suspension anyways, but the commissioners ability under the CBA.

Patriots start the season on the road on Sunday Night Football at Arizona and then play 3 division games at home. Could easily end up 2-2 without Brady.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BillD1984
Brady must have know this was coming, as he restructured his contract to protect him financially from the suspension.
http://deadspin.com/tom-bradys-new-contract-will-save-him-almost-2-million-1772894235
Brady and the Patriots rework their deals all the time, but this latest one, completed last month, is especially aggressive in backloading Brady’s salary, and converting salary to bonus money. So much so that Brady will only be paid $1 million in salary in 2016—the pay cut being more than compensated for with a whopping $28 million signing bonus.

That bonus is his; the NFL can’t touch it. But when he serves his four-game suspension, he will forfeit four game checks. With his new, low salary, those checks aren’t so big. Under his old contract, his $9 million 2016 salary would have meant a loss of $2,117,647.06 over four games. His new $1 million salary means the suspension will now cost him only $235,294.12.

Yeah, that's what a some Steelers players did too to protect themselves from their own stupidity.

Unrelated, Mark Davis is prepared to officially seek approval to relocate to Las Vegas if stadium plans are approved on Thursday, reportedly.

Will believe it when I see it, but hard not to be excited for the possibilities.

Interesting, we discussed this LAST year before the season started ... I pointed out that the Pats were opening the season against the Steelers and I didn't think they would not want Tom to play against another Top team and suspent him .... they changed thier mind and got the National audience they wanted .... dragged it out all season allowing him to play.

I haven't looked at thier schedule yet, but I see they have decided to suspend him for it again.

Wouldn't that be like getting suspended for your 4 games or whatever the length is and being able to CHOOSE what games you don't want to play ...

Or like getting suspended at work for a week and saying OK, I'll take a Friday off for the next month.

Amazing.

What??!! o_O

Reactions: Rey and meStevo
Raiders just offered $500m if the funding measures and approvals are received.

They're also beleived to have more support among owners than expected. Spanos and Kronke would be in favor to keep LA open, and Jones and McNair would likely be in favor to keep them from San Antonio. Their influence would bring other owners in line. No idea if it would be enough though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)