2016 NFL Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: salsadancer7
Billions in revenue and the NFL can't get a field ready for the HOF game. game cancelled due to poor field conditions
From what I read, apparently of the NFL's own making, specifically the logo at the center of the field being too slick & slippery. How do you eff up(pardon my french) the logo to make it too dangerous for the players to play on the field? Did you change the secret ingredients for the logo paint?

Edit: I started hating 2016 back in November 2015. The NFL sure isn't showing any reason to change my mind now. This is a very bad omen if they can't even get the 2016 HOF game right.

Last edited:
From what I read, apparently of the NFL's own making, specifically the logo at the center of the field being too slick & slippery. How do you eff up(pardon my french) the logo to make it too dangerous for the players to play on the field? Did you change the secret ingredients for the logo paint?

Edit: I started hating 2016 back in November 2015. The NFL sure isn't showing any reason to change my mind now. This is a very bad omen if they can't even get the 2016 HOF game right.
Apparently the same condition was in the endzones where painted.

They said that it wasn't the same paint formula that they have previously used ...
Really ?

Oakland should keep their team.

As long as Lott's group wants part ownership (their ultimate goal, IMO) I am not sure they have much of a shot keeping them in Oakland.

Their effort is really late too, unless things fall apart in Vegas (and they could, the Bali Hai site is a very late favorite, and a lot of things need to fall into place for everything to happen) there could be a funding-approved stadium plan in place before they build much momentum at all.

Really the Lott plan would be to try and prevent them from going to San Antonio, likely their next target and potentially a harder sell for owners, but if Lott's group backs off of ownership Vegas, San Antonio and even LA will have served their purpose - leverage for a new stadium in Oakland.

Reactions: salsadancer7
uploadfromtaptalk1471313519390.jpg

Hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As long as Lott's group wants part ownership (their ultimate goal, IMO) I am not sure they have much of a shot keeping them in Oakland.

Their effort is really late too, unless things fall apart in Vegas (and they could, the Bali Hai site is a very late favorite, and a lot of things need to fall into place for everything to happen) there could be a funding-approved stadium plan in place before they build much momentum at all.

Really the Lott plan would be to try and prevent them from going to San Antonio, likely their next target and potentially a harder sell for owners, but if Lott's group backs off of ownership Vegas, San Antonio and even LA will have served their purpose - leverage for a new stadium in Oakland.

There is is nothing I, as a Raider fan, would love more than them staying in Oakland. No team in the NFL deserves a new stadium more...but everyone one of the regulars here know just how much I HATE teams holding cities hostage for taxpayer funded stadiums.

I am very torn on my stance because it now affecting my FAVORITE team...:oldmad

Reactions: Rey and madmadworld
Some are holding out hope Lott's group can get a deal done, but that isn't going to happen as long as they continue try and make owning a part of the team their objective.

San Diego now using the Vegas proposal as a template, tax on tourists to generate over $1b in funds for new stadium.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Eh, hotel tax is cleaner, it already exists and overruns naturally go into the general fund. Going to add less than $1 to an average daily hotel room rate.
So $100 a year for a ST would change your mind on buying them ? would hope not

Where else should others pay for others enjoyment ? I remember them giving away rooms here to most people who knew how to get them.

We should not keep biting the hand that feeds us. meaning our low taxes.

Reactions: osu1991
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)