2018-19 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, I am biased, I know that.

But the announcers brought up a good point during the iron bowl. Which Bama won, big. Roll tide.

I’d say Bama is in the playoffs even if they lose to Georgia in the sec. right ?

And that’s a nightmare scenario for a few teams.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Gives the SEC a conflict of interest next week, doesn't it? Have Alabama deliberately lose and get a double dose of bowl money, but not #1 seed. Might be interesting.

Reactions: mccoyrj
Buckeyes staking a claim to that #4 playoff spot.
Bucks will move up, they won't move to 4 this week, i doubt ... IF they are dominant against Northwestern next week in the Big Ten Championship game, THEN they have a chance to be top 4.
What will be interesting is seeing where the Bucks and the Sooners are after this week.

I look for UCF to not rise any higher, based on the loss of thier QB.
It will also be interesting to see if Georgia moves to #4 this week (as expected) and what happens the week after ... What happens if Georgia beats Bama ? (I don't expect that to happen, but it could)

I didn't expect the Bucks to beat Michigan, let alone Dominate them.

LSU will finally be out of the Top 10 ... should have been a few weeks ago.
Washington State lost, they will be out.

I expect to see it look like this :
Bama
Clemson
ND
Georgia
Oklahoma
Ohio State
UCF
Michigan (will be lucky to be this high)
Florida (3 losses) by default
Texas (3 losses) by default

Yeah, but if Choklahoma beats Texas next week, they'll have avenged their single loss, giving them a stronger claim. So the Buckeyes will be pulling for Texas.
However, the should look at strength of victory .... they always beat the Bucks up for thier loss.
Buckeyes Signature win (Michigan) is WAY better than Oklahoma's best win West Virginia ...

It should be interesting to see what they have to say.

I continue to be impressed with Tua. Auburn did everything they needed to to keep the game within reach early, but in the second half Tua found his throws and put the ball in some tight spaces. He’s fun to watch.

Reactions: HIFI and mccoyrj
That LSU/A&M game was insane. I’ll bet those boys are tired.

That shootout OT system in college probably football needs an overhaul. It’s exciting yes, but it becomes dangerous after a point. Players were going down left and right towards the end. They should have a variation of the pro system.

On another note, I’ve never seen my team win a game twice and the refs find a way to continue it until they lost.

I continue to be impressed with Tua. Auburn did everything they needed to to keep the game within reach early, but in the second half Tua found his throws and put the ball in some tight spaces. He’s fun to watch.

Tua’s in a class of his own, no doubt. Teams that allow the likes of Purdue and Maryland to drop 50 on their defense will probably see 100 dropped on them if they’re unfortunate enough to face that offense. I was elated they only scored 29 against LSU.

Last edited:
Everytime I turned the Bama game on, I was Bama players running free for easy receptions and TDs in most cases.

Tua’s in a class of his own, no doubt. Teams that allow the likes of Purdue and Maryland to drop 50 on their defense will probably see 100 dropped on them if they’re unfortunate enough to face that offense. I was elated they only scored 29 against LSU.
I like Tua as like most do but I think Haskins and Murray would be doing the same thing behind Bama's Offense.

Reactions: Gobucks and mccoyrj
Everytime I turned the Bama game on, I was Bama players running free for easy receptions and TDs in most cases.
There were some, the receivers are excellent, but a couple of those were in good coverage and put in the perfect spot for a catch.

But they do make it easier for him for sure. Probably the best overall group of WR we’ve had.

One thing I noticed about the Buckeyes ....

The receivers that they have now are for the most part the same ones they had last year and last year they sucked according to all the pundits, couldn't get any separation couldn't catch or anything ...
Now they are playing very well most of the year ... 2 differences between last year and this year ...
JT Barrett vs Dwanye Haskins and WR Coach now is Brian Robiskie not Smith.

Haskins is 100 times better than JT as a passer, but the coaching has changed this year and thats also been a huge improvement.
Also, it looks like Haskins is finally understanding how to run the ball when needed ... it DOES open up running lanes for the others as well.

Reactions: Gobucks
There were some, the receivers are excellent, but a couple of those were in good coverage and put in the perfect spot for a catch.

But they do make it easier for him for sure. Probably the best overall group of WR we’ve had.
Its been fun watching Tua and Haskin this year ... both are Very Good ....
If the two flipped teams they would both be winning as expected, however Tua is much more of a scrambler than Haskins, therefore he can keep plays alive longer ... then again, if you get no pressure you don't have to worry about that.

Buckeyes O Line has played ok this year, not great by any stretch, not up to their normal standards, however they played Very well against Michigan.
If they can keep up THIS kind of play for the rest of the year they Could make the playoffs and do some damage ...

Defense played thier best game of the year against the best team they played ... playing to the competition level sucks.

However, IF they get to the playoffs, they draw Bama, who when you see them have a great O and D ....

It will be interesting to see where they put Oklahoma and Ohio State ....
I don't expect the Buckeyes to make the playoffs This week, but possibly after all games are played, maybe.
Buckeye would have to come out and play another very solid game and win convincingly in thier game, while Oklahoma may win a close game or lose to make the playoffs.
My worse scenario would be if Bama plays Georgia and doesn't care seeing they know that they are in regardless, allowing Georgia to get in by default ... not saying that would happen, but ya never know with the sec boys.

I am rooting for UGA this weekend of course. They are playing very well right now, on both sides of the ball. Can they beat Bama? Yes. I would think being in Atlanta would help some but maybe not. If that happens, I think the four will be Bama, UGA, ND, and Clemson. I can't see Clemson losing and since ND does not play another game, they can sit at home and be smug.

Is there a scenario, where ND is left out due to them not playing? UGA wins, Clemson and Ohio State win big. Oklahoma wins big. Would there be anyway ND is left out?

So, I am biased, I know that.

But the announcers brought up a good point during the iron bowl. Which Bama won, big. Roll tide.

I’d say Bama is in the playoffs even if they lose to Georgia in the sec. right ?

And that’s a nightmare scenario for a few teams.
I don't know. I have a feeling that if Alabama loses to Georgia, they'll drop Alabama below Choklahoma and/or Ohio St.

Right now the 4 teams look to be:
  • Alabama/Georgia winner
  • Clempson
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma or Ohio St. (edge goes to Oklahoma as they have a chance to avenge their single loss)
UCF needs both Oklahoma and Ohio St. to lose, as well as Georgia.

I don't know. I have a feeling that if Alabama loses to Georgia, they'll drop Alabama below Choklahoma and/or Ohio St.

Right now the 4 teams look to be:
  • Alabama/Georgia winner
  • Clempson
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma or Ohio St. (edge goes to Oklahoma as they have a chance to avenge their single loss)
UCF needs both Oklahoma and Ohio St. to lose, as well as Georgia.
They might, just because of when in the season it happened. I dont think either of those teams would have a better argument personally considering all would be one loss teams and who those teams lost to. BUT, it wouldnt surprise me I do not suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts