2018-19 NCAA Football Thread

What a game in Happy Valley tonight !

Buckeyes win 27-26 ...
Trailed by 12 points with about 8 minutes to go.
That was a fantastic game .

Clemson was a eyebrow raiser yesterday as well.

Funny to see Kentucky in the top 15 of both polls this evening. That doesn't happen often.

Reactions: Jimbo
Funny to see Kentucky in the top 15 of both polls this evening. That doesn't happen often.
And like last time, won't last long.

Their ranking is due to beating a then-ranked Miss St. who will likely be getting it's 3rd loss & 4th losses the next two weeks.

And like last time, won't last long.

Their ranking is due to beating a then-ranked Miss St. who will likely be getting it's 3rd loss & 4th losses the next two weeks.
Don't diminish the Wildcats wins against teams they beat. They beat Florida too don't forget.

Don't diminish the Wildcats wins against teams they beat. They beat Florida too don't forget.
And Florida is a good team? They went 4-7 last year. And so far their only highlights are beating awful Tennessee and Miss St. teams.

And Florida is a good team? They went 4-7 last year. And so far their only highlights are beating awful Tennessee and Miss St. teams.
Possibly. Way too much football left to play to say otherwise on a team that's only lost one game out of 5.

Last year means nothing, especially when you have a new coach.

The next three weeks will give us a better feel on them.

Not sold on Kentucky being top 15 either, but they definitely aren't the Kentucky that most of us are used to.

Possibly. Way too much football left to play to say otherwise on a team that's only lost one game out of 5.
In some cases I would agree, except when I looked at the 4 teams that Florida did beat. Charleston Southern & Colorado State were gimmee games, and both Miss State and Tennessee are bad.

Last year means nothing, especially when you have a new coach.

The next three weeks will give us a better feel on them.

Not sold on Kentucky being top 15 either, but they definitely aren't the Kentucky that most of us are used to.

This week is the test on the road against a good Texas A&M team at THEIR stadium. Not to worried about the offense but the defense and the stupid mistakes they make, still concerns me a lot. For UK to do well, their defensive line must play very well. I think the OL will be just fine and can compete with most teams. UGA will be the ultimate test this season though.

This week is the test on the road against a good Texas A&M team at THEIR stadium. Not to worried about the offense but the defense and the stupid mistakes they make, still concerns me a lot. For UK to do well, their defensive line must play very well. I think the OL will be just fine and can compete with most teams. UGA will be the ultimate test this season though.
Kentucky's D is top 15 in the nation.

Well Kentucky is looking legit, again, so far.

Tons of shakeup in the top 25.

Biggest so far are lsu and chokelahoma going down.

And I hate to be a Homer, but Tua for Alabama. Had four td passes vs only 3 incomplete passes with 330+ yards and still hasn't played in the fourth quarter.

The kid can throw it through a straw hole.

His QB rating is off the charts for the year .

Reactions: HIFI
You were saying?

And the Barn, losing to Miss St. of all people... :wtf2
Even with the loss, I don't think it really diminished Kentucky much. A&M is pretty good, so it's not a "bad" loss .

And state ran all over them. IDK

Tons left to play to see how it all shakes out .
For now it seems three teams are better than the rest.

And I hate to be a Homer, but Tua for Alabama. Had four td passes vs only 3 incomplete passes with 330+ yards and still hasn't played in the fourth quarter.

Or has he not played a team that can be within 5 yards of a recvr, yet ?

He's not very clutch, look at his 4th quarter numbers, they stink ... :D

Hasn't even had a come from behind win yet this year ..... :D

Just kidding of course ...
Tua and my guy (Dwayne Haskins) are Very Good and will only be getting better.

Reactions: Derwin0 and Ronnie-
Hopefully, the Buckeyes very young Defense will start to gell SOON.
It's getting hard watching some of these teams stay with them because of youthful mistakes mainly in the secondary ...
The D Line is still playing very well even with the injury to Nick Bosa sidelining him for at least another month (if lucky).
Linebackers are playing avg or slightly better than avg.
They are giving up a lot of Big plays, but you'll have that with how hard the D line is coming for the QB each play.
Screens will kill an over aggressive Line as we have seen early on.

Offensively they can play with anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)