2020 Dish Price Increase. ?

Don’t forget that a lot of places are raising minimum wages and competitive wages are going up. My wife’s company is basically being forced to raise wages $3-$4/hour for simple call center workers just to keep them employed. Yes, they will make more money. No, their dollar will not be as strong. Idiots. Lol.

You are right. I’ve been on Welcome Pack so long I forgot that Dish didn’t toss ESPN out... yet.
Any idea if you can occasionally add bundles to the Welcome Pack, like you can with the Flex Pack? (for example, I'll add the National Action add-on when ESPN has a game of interest to me, then drop that package a week later).

Any idea if you can occasionally add bundles to the Welcome Pack, like you can with the Flex Pack? (for example, I'll add the National Action add-on when ESPN has a game of interest to me, then drop that package a week later).
Not an option. Just the premiums and select micro-packs like Heartland can be added.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, it is a shame when a really micro-pack like International Basic has more add-on options than Welcome Pack does. International Basic allows me to add and remove Latino Bonus Pack, which is not available with Welcome Pack at all.

What does the Welcome Pack run these days? It's getting harder to justify even the Flex Pack when most of those channels can be found on Philo for $20.
Welcome Pack (for a non-grandfathered subscriber) is currently $34.99 per month. Grandfathered subscribers who switched to Welcome Pack before a certain date get a slight price break, but even the grandfathered price is too high (in my opinion) at $30.99 per month.

This is why I switched to International Basic for only $15 per month. It is not available by itself, as you are also required to add an international package add-on. However, with the cheapest international package available (Portuguese: RTPI for $9.99 per month) that still makes my total price for the basic package only $24.99 per month. You can't beat that on Dish. Adding Latino Bonus Pack for $10 per month gets me up to the regular price of Welcome Pack at $34.99 per month, but I get a better selection of channels for my viewing needs. Plus, I can drop Latino Bonus Pack whenever Disney XD does not have any new Marvel shows (or whenever Disney XD is in free preview) to save that $10 per month. :)

What does the Welcome Pack run these days? It's getting harder to justify even the Flex Pack when most of those channels can be found on Philo for $20.

$35. It is good in the sense of locals and DVR, smattering of general interest channels plus access to premium (Showtime/Starz/Movie Pack) discounts.

Yeah, it is a shame when a really micro-pack like International Basic has more add-on options than Welcome Pack does. International Basic allows me to add and remove Latino Bonus Pack, which is not available with Welcome Pack at all.
Actually (and surprisingly after asking numerous times over the years), a little while back I noticed that you can add the $10 Latino Bonus Pack now to the Welcome Pack. However, I did not add it (at least not yet); I also have Philo.

Reactions: pattykay
Actually (and surprisingly after asking numerous times over the years), a little while back I noticed that you can add the $10 Latino Bonus Pack now to the Welcome Pack. However, I did not add it (at least not yet); I also have Philo.
That must have changed this year, then. It was last December when I still had Welcome Pack, and Latino Bonus Pack was not listed as one of the available add-ons at that time. As soon as I switched to International Basic, I saw the option to add Latino Bonus Pack through mydish. If Latino Bonus Pack was available to Welcome Pack subscribers before that, then it must have been some kind of unadvertised deal that you had to call to get, rather than being able to get it through the website. That would have been similar to the unadvertised Kids Pack (which was different from the Kids Pack currently available with Flex Pack) that used to be available to Welcome Pack subscribers, before Flex Pack was introduced. This makes me wonder if Kids Pack (either version) is now also available with Welcome Pack, and if any other Channel Packs have been made available to Welcome Pack subscribers. Previously, the only Channel Pack options that showed up if you had Welcome Pack were the Heartland and Outdoor packs.

I can confirm that Latino Bonus Pack was not available with Welcome Pack the year before last (2018) since that is when I downgraded from Flex Pack to Welcome Pack. I had Latino Bonus Pack with Flex Pack, but I was forced to drop Latino Bonus Pack when I downgraded.

I was curious, and checked the numbers. It seems Flex is a scooch more expensive than Welcome Pack plus Philo (which is how I've shifted from Sling due to Covid-19 messing with the EPL schedule and too many games not being on NBCSN). There is overlap, and Flex provides access to a few channels Philo doesn't (like Turner), but Nick is not in the base Flex.

Flex Pack Nickelodeon
I found out after having the Flex Pack for a few months that Nickelodeon is not in the base channels or in any of the channel packs (including Kids Pack). Seems a bit odd.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)