2020 Dish Price Increases Announced

I just found this information at the bottom of the "About your DISH Bill" section on the back of my most recent bill. These increases are small, but I thought I should post them here anyway, so people in the affected states will have a complete picture of all of the increases that are coming:
"The following monthly surcharges are also increasing: Connecticut $0.27, Delaware $0.06, Kentucky $0.06, Ohio $0.02, Texas $0.05 and FCC $0.01. "

I re-signed up for another preferred customer deal as I have been with Dish for 20 years, with $20 a month off for this time 2 years. They did give me $30 a month off my last 1 year, but if I went with that, I would still have to deal with the yearly increase, and try to get another in late 2020. I figured this was a best deal with no rate increases for 2 years. By then, I will look again at options like cord cutting, but it is not for me at this time. Too many channels I would lose to begin with and I like having the super stations and movie pack, let alone locals as some are not available OTA here.
Cord cutting is okay for some, but not everyone. I do have the Fire TV and Roku, as I am a cord shaver I guess as I like both.

What exactly have you shaved?

You constantly make posts about how great having Dish is because you would lose a channel with anything else. Which is fine if it’s what you enjoy, but cord shaving is getting rid of something.

I re-signed up for another preferred customer deal as I have been with Dish for 20 years, with $20 a month off for this time 2 years. ...
I am assuming that you have AT120. Unfortunately for those with other packages, the amount of the Preferred Customer discount varies by package, and AT120 is one of the packages with the largest discount. Here is the complete list of Preferred Customer Offer discounts, for those who are interested in locking in this deal before the prices increase:
Programming PackageEveryday PricePrice with Offer*
America's Top 120
$74.99​
$54.99​
America's Top 120+
$79.99​
$64.99​
America's Top 200
$89.99​
$74.99​
America's Top 250
$99.99​
$84.99​
Latino Clasico
$49.99​
$34.99​
Latino Plus
$56.99​
$39.99​
Latino Dos
$74.99​
$54.99​
Latino Max
$86.99​
$69.99​
*This price includes the $5 eAutoPay credit.

So, it is a $20 discount for AT120 or Latino Dos, a $17 discount for Latino Plus or Latino Max, and a $15 discount for all other eligible packages.

I’m locked in til 1/2021. But with Disney +, Amazon Prime and Netflix, the movie pack could drop me $10 a month if it comes to that.

If the posted increase includes locals on the welcome pack and they give us the option to drop them for a $12 savings. That would be something to jump up and down about.
I have been wanting to see that for a long time. The price has finally gotten high enough that it may well be time to introduce that option. Unfortunately, my guess would be that such a change would also involve losing the grandfathering, so it would not be the full $12 savings. Still, an $8 per month savings would be better than nothing.

This increase will push me to cancel dish after many years. Everything we watch we could watch on Philo for $20 a month. I am on the Flex Pack and I get locals via my antenna.
Last year's increase pushed me to cancel Flex Pack and downgrade to Welcome Pack. Unfortunately for me, I just lost a $10 per month credit that I cannot get renewed, and now the price is going to go up another $5 per month. ($5.03 including the increased state surcharge and FCC fee increase I noted earlier.) So, a combined increase of $15.03 plus tax may finally be enough to force me to cancel Dish after more than 20 years. :( :sorrow

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I still pay $35 for Flex Pack with at least a year left on my price lock. With a $7 grandfathered DVR fee and judicious use of add-ons I never pay more than $50/month. Sometimes it pays to stay put and not go deal chasing.

Yeah...I did too. The surcharges aren't too much though - I punched in some zip codes for places that still have RSN's, and the largest surcharge is $1. Quite a bit different than DirecTV. Interesting though - California and Boston have no surcharges - makes me wonder if Dish's contract with the rest of the NBC Sports RSN's and NESN will be ending at the end of the year.
I put in my local zip (Boston market) and they are charging $1.00 for NESN only. We haven't gotten NBC Sports Boston since it was CSN New England.

I have been wanting to see that for a long time. The price has finally gotten high enough that it may well be time to introduce that option. Unfortunately, my guess would be that such a change would also involve losing the grandfathering, so it would not be the full $12 savings. Still, an $8 per month savings would be better than nothing.
You now have the optoin to remove locals on Welcome Pak for the past couple months, but the system will charge for the first receiver, done it on a 5yrs + account

Reactions: pattykay
If the posted increase includes locals on the welcome pack and they give us the option to drop them for a $12 savings. That would be something to jump up and down about.
Trouble is, if the OTA doesn’t come with programming guide, recording becomes harder.

Reactions: peggy97850
Trouble is, if the OTA doesn’t come with programming guide, recording becomes harder.

When I was on the 250 with the h3 I did not sub to locals and had the guide info. Can't imagine it would be any different now that I'm on the welcome pack but you never know.

You now have the optoin to remove locals on Welcome Pak for the past couple months, but the system will charge for the first receiver, done it on a 5yrs + account

You caught my attention with this. Wonder what the price would be with the welcome pack on the h3 with no grandfather pricing?

Wait, so the fine print indicates Welcome Pak long timers are only going up to $30.99.
Yes, but the very next sentence says that the price does not include the $12 per month for the locals.
I still have OTA guide info on my deactivated receivers, so I think you are safe there.

I was wondering why the system was trying to charge me a $15 Hopper fee and a $10 Hopper DVR fee on my Hopper Duo when I was making changes to the receivers on my account through the mydish site earlier this week. $25 in fees for a Hopper Duo is definitely not worth it, so I dropped that receiver from my account faster than a hot potato.

Reactions: trojan67
I still pay $35 for Flex Pack with at least a year left on my price lock. With a $7 grandfathered DVR fee and judicious use of add-ons I never pay more than $50/month. Sometimes it pays to stay put and not go deal chasing.
You were lucky to be able to get the price lock. Dish would not let me renew my price lock on Flex Pack last year. If they had let me have the price lock, I would probably still have Flex Pack now. If you look at the chart I posted for the Preferred Customer Offer, it looks like Flex Pack is no longer an eligible package for this deal. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)