2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares about the Astros? Boston v NY is the only rivalry that exists after Dem Bums moved to LA.

Oh contrare my friend ... Ask any Yankee Fan who thier hated rival is now .... After meeting in the playoffs most recent years ... The Astros ARE the yankees worst enemy .... If they yankees make the playoffs.

Yes, the Red Sox Are still there as the yankee hated rival, but the Astros are the ones that knock the yankees out ... each year.

So, how do they pay to be on TV without Commercial breaks thruout ?

I like the idea of no commercials during the quarters, but don't see it as practical.

Games I've gone to you often find Fans sitting, waiting about 3-5 minutes waiting for Commercial breaks to end ... thus dead time is also not good for the players.
ads during the quarter and half time break, corporate sponsors on the uniforms, corporate sponsors CGI'd onto the midfield logo, etc.... Players don't make $10-50 million a year either. Only a few (less than 10) top a $1 million Australian per year. Avg salary is $250k-350k a year.

So, how do they pay to be on TV without Commercial breaks thruout ?

I like the idea of no commercials during the quarters, but don't see it as practical.

Games I've gone to you often find Fans sitting, waiting about 3-5 minutes waiting for Commercial breaks to end ... thus dead time is also not good for the players.
The sport is cheaper than College/NFL.

Nothing says college football like mid-week games in January.

ESPN truly is the focus of evil in the sports world.

Reactions: Derwin0
Nothing says college football like mid-week games in January.

ESPN truly is the focus of evil in the sports world.
The Mouse is a problem when it comes to the driving of broadcasting costs up... but the college football cartels have a large footprint in this nonsense as well. Division I College Football has one and only one purpose... revenue.

All this and they STILL have to have the Championship game on a MONDAY ... UGH
Yeah that sucks. I get that the NFL playoffs kill it being on Sat & Sun (no one would watch unless their team was in it), but they could have done it on Friday.

Here's an idea, move the Championship game out to the week before the Super Bowl when there are no games.

Am curious what days they'll be doing the semi-finals, didn't see that in the article.

Reactions: AZ.
Am curious what days they'll be doing the semi-finals, didn't see that in the article.
It was buried down in the article:

For the 2024 and 2025 seasons, the four quarterfinal games and two playoff semifinal games will be played in bowls on a rotating basis. The 2024 quarterfinals will take place in the Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl will host the semifinals. The 2025 quarterfinals will take place in the Cotton, Orange, Rose and Sugar Bowls, while the Fiesta and Peach Bowls will host the semifinals.

It was buried down in the article:

For the 2024 and 2025 seasons, the four quarterfinal games and two playoff semifinal games will be played in bowls on a rotating basis. The 2024 quarterfinals will take place in the Fiesta Bowl, Peach Bowl, Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl, while the Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl will host the semifinals. The 2025 quarterfinals will take place in the Cotton, Orange, Rose and Sugar Bowls, while the Fiesta and Peach Bowls will host the semifinals.
Yes, I saw WHERE they would be played, I just couldn't find WHEN the semi-finals would be played.

Yes, I saw WHERE they would be played, I just couldn't find WHEN the semi-finals would be played.

2025 CFP Locations & Dates​

Date
Dec 28, 2024Orange BowlSemifinal game
Dec 28, 2024Cotton BowlSemifinal game
Jan 6, 2025TBD (TBD)CFP Championship Game

2026 CFP Locations & Dates​

Date
Dec 27, 2025Fiesta BowlSemifinal game
Dec 27, 2025Peach BowlSemifinal game
Jan 5, 2026TBD (TBD)CFP Championship Game

2025 CFP Locations & Dates​

Date
Dec 28, 2024Orange BowlSemifinal game
Dec 28, 2024Cotton BowlSemifinal game
Jan 6, 2025TBD (TBD)CFP Championship Game

2026 CFP Locations & Dates​

Date
Dec 27, 2025Fiesta BowlSemifinal game
Dec 27, 2025Peach BowlSemifinal game
Jan 5, 2026TBD (TBD)CFP Championship Game
You do realize those are for the old system and are no longer valid.

My post was in reference to the article for the new system.

The inaugural first-round games of a 12-team College Football Playoff will feature one game Friday, Dec. 20, 2024, and three games Dec. 21, 2024
The CFP is also zeroing in on confirming midweek games for the 2024 quarterfinals, with three games Jan. 1, 2025, and the fourth quarterfinal game either New Year's Eve or Jan. 2, 2025
The national championship games will be played Jan. 20, 2025, in Atlanta, and Jan. 19, 2026, in Miami.
So my curiosity is to when the new semi-finals would be, as the quarter-finals will be New Years Eve/Day, and the Championship game 3 Mondays after. So am curious as to when the Semi's will be (likely around the weekend of Jan 11/12) and mostly what day of the week as the NFL playoffs will be in full swing so Sat & Sun are full up that weekend.

midweek? Yuck.

At least the quarter's are during holidays, so no issues with traveling and watching. But mid week in January is just awful.

They're mid-week due to New Years being on a Wed that year and the committee wanting to have those bowl games on their traditional date of Jan 1.
I really didn't mind the mid week games when it was for New Years Day ...
However, to try it with a playoff schedule seems like a Bad idea seeing some will have longer to prepare than others, that give a competative advantage to those Not playing Mid week.

Yeah that sucks. I get that the NFL playoffs kill it being on Sat & Sun (no one would watch unless their team was in it), but they could have done it on Friday.

Here's an idea, move the Championship game out to the week before the Super Bowl when there are no games.

Only problem with That, is the Super Bowl Changed every so often when ever it suits them ... they have pushed the SB all the way out to Feb already ...

It would be different if it was a Set date or 3rd Sunday of every Jan (as an example).

Reactions: Derwin0
Status
Not open for further replies.