2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwiw, High School played this past weekend and the temp was 27*, before any wind chill .
So, yes, it does get cold for games up here.
27 isn't that bad. You do know that we get freezing weather down here right? Columbus isn't exactly an icebox (or even that far North, they are due east of the University of Missouri and just barely north of the Mason-Dixon line), as evidenced by the mild weather during the Michigan game.

Yes it is.
Florida has ruined you. ;)

But no, 27 isn't bad enough that it makes a difference in who's going to win the game. Plus, no college team was actually playing in cold weather this past weekend, almost all finished up the week prior and all the conference championships were either in dome's or North Carolina.

Georgia and Ohio State scheduled the games back in 2019, several years after Ohio State backed out of the 2020/21 series that had been previously scheduled. Alabama and Ohio State scheduled their games in 2020.

Sept 18, 2027 - Alabama at Ohio State
Sept 8, 2028 - Ohio State at Alabama
Sept 14, 2030 - Ohio State at Georgia
August 30, 2031 - Georgia at Ohio State

Making excuses already? A good coach should be able to have his players ready on day 1.
Day 1? Aren't they practicing in the spring?

I am outside with the Labs, laying on the couch, feel like **** since I have Covid for the 3rd time, 78 degrees, back in Metro Detroit, 40.

Anyways, would love to see Mich/Ohio State again just so Michigan can beat them twice, but Georgia is going to destroy Ohio and unfortunately, I believe they would beat Michigan also.

I am outside with the Labs, laying on the couch, feel like **** since I have Covid for the 3rd time, 78 degrees, back in Metro Detroit, 40.
Saw the post about it in the Pub, hope you get to feeling better.
Anyways, would love to see Mich/Ohio State again just so Michigan can beat them twice, but Georgia is going to destroy Ohio and unfortunately, I believe they would beat Michigan also.
Yeah, the Ohio State game will be brutal. Michigan will be closer, but I think it's end up like last year.

On the plus side, looks like I'll be able to score some Peach Bowl tickets. Great way to spend New Years Eve. Tailgate at Mercedes Benz stadium, watch the game, and do the count down at Centennial Park. :D

here we go again, you guys go ahead a drag out another 4 pages of BS about weather.

Doesn't it get old just replying negative things, just to do it.

Today its a very nice but windy 46* out ....

Go ahead ...
Tell me I'm wrong.

Another ruined thread.

here we go again, you guys go ahead a drag out another 4 pages of BS about weather.
The only BS about the weather is somehow saying it's contributed to anyone losing.

Ann Arbor, Michigan is colder than Columbus, Ohio, and yet Michigan pretty much owns the SEC in it's history, yet it's been used as an excuse for Ohio State losing to SEC teams in the past.

If we were talking about the NFL, who routinely plays in cold weather, there might be something, but the NCAA finishes before it gets truly cold.

25 last night.
But keep trying.
Supposed to be in the 50s this week (for highs). It has been a warmer than average (what used to be average), November and December. Heck, supposed to be in the 30s in upper Minnesota later this week, which is picnic weather up there.

People keep telling me Oklahoma is in the south. Sure wasn’t warm at Bedlam in Norman. Mid 30s at kickoff and 29F when the game ended or in Stillwater for the season finale. 39F windy and pouring rain the whole game. The weather variable is what makes football interesting towards the end of the season.

Reactions: Derwin0
People keep telling me Oklahoma is in the south. Sure wasn’t warm at Bedlam in Norman. Mid 30s at kickoff and 29F when the game ended or in Stillwater for the season finale. 39F windy and pouring rain the whole game. The weather variable is what makes football interesting towards the end of the season.
South? Oklahoma is in the middle. Oklahoma is like the North Pole, except where instead of every step you take is to the "south", any step you take away from Oklahoma is "better".

The only BS about the weather is somehow saying it's contributed to anyone losing.

Ann Arbor, Michigan is colder than Columbus, Ohio, and yet Michigan pretty much owns the SEC in it's history, yet it's been used as an excuse for Ohio State losing to SEC teams in the past.

If we were talking about the NFL, who routinely plays in cold weather, there might be something, but the NCAA finishes before it gets truly cold.
OK, so your saying its only Cold on Non Football days ....

And when did the sec come TO AA to play ?
IF they did come up north I'm sure it was in the first few weeks of the season, not the playoffs when weather is getting worse.

It may be warmer This week, it was in the 20*'s all week last week, but again, you'll say no football was played.

When did I ever say that the Buckeyes lost because of the Hot weather ?

NCAA football is played thru the 2nd week in Jan, as is the NFL, the NFL can't control the weather.

I tried to stay out of your weather discussion, but its to stupid now that you continue to bring it up.

For example : Sec never played in this type of game.

Thats before the wind chill is added in.

Last edited:

IF they did come up north I'm sure it was in the first few weeks of the season, not the playoffs when weather is getting worse.

It may be warmer This week, it was in the 20*'s all week last week, but again, you'll say no football was played.

NCAA football is played thru the 2nd week in Jan, as is the NFL, the NFL can't control the weather.

I tried to stay out of your weather discussion, but its to stupid now that you continue to bring it up.
Dude, you brought up the weather.

It is Columbus, Ohio man. It isn't even Painesville in the Snow Belt. Forget St. Paul, MN or Marquette, MI.

These college football arguments are worse than Kirk v Picard threads. Most college football is during not cold times of the year. The NFL differs because the most important games (playoffs) are in the winter. And playing football in Foxboro, Orchard Park, Chicago, New Jersey, Philly, Green Bay, and even Baltimore can be quite tricky in late December and January.

Not sure about Ann Arbor, but Alabama did go to Happy Valley recently. And don't forget, it was Ohio State that canceled the home/home series with Georgia that should have been played recently.
Nobody plays up north in the playoffs, including northern teams.

You have given weather as an excuse since as far back as when Florida beat Ohio State in the BCS game in Arizona. Kept saying how if the games were up North y'all would have had an edge, instead of southern teams who were somehow more used to playing in nice weather.
The NCAA season is over at the beginning of December. Bowl games are an extra that aren't part of the season, and very few of those are played in cold weather. And the ones that are are more punishment for finishing around .500 .
Your the only who keeps complaining about weather and geography and SEC teams not coming up north in the late fall instead of early fall. You even brought it up in this very post.
IF they did come up north I'm sure it was in the first few weeks of the season

But no, 27 isn't bad enough that it makes a difference in who's going to win the game. Plus, no college team was actually playing in cold weather this past weekend, almost all finished up the week prior and all the conference championships were either in dome's or North Carolina.
27 is cold enough for snow....You dont think snow has no effect on a game played outside? Add some wind to that number and see how quick that real feel is.

Dude, you brought up the weather.

It is Columbus, Ohio man. It isn't even Painesville in the Snow Belt. Forget St. Paul, MN or Marquette, MI.

These college football arguments are worse than Kirk v Picard threads. Most college football is during not cold times of the year. The NFL differs because the most important games (playoffs) are in the winter. And playing football in Foxboro, Orchard Park, Chicago, New Jersey, Philly, Green Bay, and even Baltimore can be quite tricky in late December and January.
They Both play in the same weather, you think suddenly the cold weather only hits AFTER the College games are done ?

I just pointed out a 15* game to you,
I never said All games are cold

Every time I quit talking about Cold games, you and other bring it right back up. 10 pages now.

I brought up the weather about 25 pages ago and your STILL crying about it.

I tried to move on many times now.

Not sure about Ann Arbor, but Alabama did go to Happy Valley recently. And don't forget, it was Ohio State that canceled the home/home series with Georgia that should have been played recently.

Nobody plays up north in the playoffs, including northern teams.

You have given weather as an excuse since as far back as when Florida beat Ohio State in the BCS game in Arizona. Kept saying how if the games were up North y'all would have had an edge, instead of southern teams who were somehow more used to playing in nice weather.

The NCAA season is over at the beginning of December. Bowl games are an extra that aren't part of the season, and very few of those are played in cold weather. And the ones that are are more punishment for finishing around .500 .

Your the only who keeps complaining about weather and geography and SEC teams not coming up north in the late fall instead of early fall. You even brought it up in this very post.

Your very right, I SAID, IF the teams ever played up North the games would be different because the teams would have to deal with actual cold weather (depending on the day) Its MUCH harder playing ball in 20* weather than it is in the 80* ...

THAT is NOT an EXCUSE ...

Thats ALL I tried to point out ....

You guys have NEVER played ball in the cold, I can tell ....
Try just being outside working in the weather, let alone playing a game ...

I did it for 30 years and its Brutal in the 0* temps trying to stay warm without being able to wear gloves to do your job.
Even at 20 or 30 it can be nasty with wind chills.

I'm really tired of having to defend myself with the 2 of you guys that continue to harp on this.

Yespage of All people should understand being in Cleveland area, you know what bad and Cold weather is about..
I'm gonna guess you didn't have an outdoors job, at least one you had to be in it every day regardless or conditions.

Reactions: AZ.
Status
Not open for further replies.