2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 1st qtr with 2:27 they are kicking some Michigan rear...14 to 0....see what happens

The Georgia faithful at the Benz Tailgate area have been giving the Ohio State people a lot of grief about the Big Ten Champion being led by TCU. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foxbat
Ohio State is doomed.

But I would like Ohio STATE to win, then if Michigan wins, then the possibility exists of them smacking down Ohio State again.
I'll correct that for you ...
Ohio University in in Athens Ohio, something that Brady Hoke never understood either.

Lots of cheering from the Georgia fans when the final score of TCU beating Michigan.

Why? Michigan was unproven and not really a threat. Georgia are in their own league this year. Had memories of Vince McMahon marching to the ring to restart a match when the outcome wasn't acceptable when the "targeting" call was being reviewed.

And we see the Big Ten fail again. Pulling for OSU, but they are even less proven than Michigan.

And "Ohio" won (in OT) yesterday in the Somewhere in the Southwest Bowl.

Why? Michigan was unproven and not really a threat. Georgia are in their own league this year.

Because of the whole “Big Ten” thing. Michigan creamed Ohio State. At the tailgate party, Georgia fans were laughing about that as Michigan was being beaten by TCU. Michigan losing to TCU made Ohio State’s loss look even worse.

btw, I hate all this pre-game carp, wish they’d go ahead and start the game.

If ya can't stop the guy from making plays on you .... Concuss him so he has to leave the game .... and get the SEC favoritism with a NO CALL on the CLEAR Targeting.

Wow ....
SEC lucks out again.

Guy had 5 catches for over 100 yards and 2 TDs in the 1st half ....
Knock him out, get him out of the game.

I know it was PAC12 refs, but they played a Home game in Georgia, so there was plenty of SEC bias.

I hope TCU kicks thier ASS

• Sad
Reactions: Foxbat
If ya can't stop the guy from making plays on you .... Concuss him so he has to leave the game .... and get the SEC favoritism with a NO CALL on the CLEAR Targeting.

Wow ....
SEC lucks out again.

I know it was PAC12 refs, but they played a Home game in Georgia, so there was plenty of SEC bias.

I didnt see much of that game. The Michigan game if played 10 times I bet Michigan wins 9 of them. They only have themselves to blame. The got robbed on that TD catch. But 2 pick 6s is no way to give points away. Inside the 5 twice with no points. For me I dont see the bib game that interesting? Maybe Im wrong?

Reactions: Derwin0

Wow ....
SEC lucks out again.

Not much to complain about. OSU could have won with the field goal. Good game both ways. Really shows what college football could be if the game was about competition and money instead of solely about cash.

Except that he hit him with his shoulder pad, which is allowed and is not targeting.
Wow ....
SEC lucks out again.
Not luck, Georgia just didn't give up, and scored several answered points in the second half.
The concussion came from when his head hit the ground. Sucks, but it's not a penalty.
No bias, Georgia just played slightly better than Ohio State. Great game by both sides, but Ohio State came up short (wide left) and Georgia won.

And why was Georgia playing in Atlanta (not home, as they play at Sanford Stadium in Athens), oh yeah, because they were the #1 seed (due to being undefeated and winning their conference), and the #1 seed always gets the semi-final that is closest to home (this year just happened to be in Atlanta, it could have easily been Miami or New Orleans in other years).
Personally I wouldn't mind if TCU won. I like seeing the underdog win, and TCU being in the Final, and possibly winning, is why I've always supported playoffs and think it should be more than 4 (or even 8) teams.

Not much to complain about. OSU could have won with the field goal. Good game both ways. Really shows what college football could be if the game was about competition and money instead of solely about cash.
Agreed, it was a great game, and awesome to watch at the Benz last night.

That definitely wasn’t targeting.

Although the one at the end of the tcu Michigan game was imo.

In any case I didn’t see any “Sec bias”. I did see Kirby outcoach Day in the fourth. And won because of it.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo and Derwin0

In any case I didn’t see any “Sec bias”. I did see Kirby outcoach Day in the fourth. And won because of it.
Outcoached via a slip and a missed field goal to win?

The hit in TCU game was awkward and not intentional. The hit in the OSU game looks worse depending on TV angle. It was a strong hit, but not to the head.

I didnt see much of that game. The Michigan game if played 10 times I bet Michigan wins 9 of them. They only have themselves to blame. The got robbed on that TD catch. But 2 pick 6s is no way to give points away. Inside the 5 twice with no points. For me I dont see the bib game that interesting? Maybe Im wrong?
I'll watch, I think.
TCU is Way better than they are given credit for, now weather Georgia shuts them down is yet to be seen.
Except that he hit him with his shoulder pad, which is allowed and is not targeting.

Not luck, Georgia just didn't give up, and scored several answered points in the second half.

The concussion came from when his head hit the ground. Sucks, but it's not a penalty.

No bias, Georgia just played slightly better than Ohio State. Great game by both sides, but Ohio State came up short (wide left) and Georgia won.

And why was Georgia playing in Atlanta (not home, as they play at Sanford Stadium in Athens), oh yeah, because they were the #1 seed (due to being undefeated and winning their conference), and the #1 seed always gets the semi-final that is closest to home (this year just happened to be in Atlanta, it could have easily been Miami or New Orleans in other years).

Personally I wouldn't mind if TCU won. I like seeing the underdog win, and TCU being in the Final, and possibly winning, is why I've always supported playoffs and think it should be more than 4 (or even 8) teams.
I'm not even gonna bother going thru your post as its very Obvious anything I point out is wrong .

He hit him in the HEAD, weather its with helmet or shoulder pad its NOT allowed.
What about the PI if your not going to call targeting, you gonna tell me he didn't interfer with the catch .

I dis agree, I don't think either Coach Out Coached the other.

Still, had Harrison been able to play the last 1/3rd of the game, it wouldn't have been close ... Buckeyes would have won by 10.

Georgia had NO answer for him ...
The Buckeyes O Line played great most of the night, Stroud played very well, moved around in the pocket and rolling out of it, kept Georgia off balance .
Stroud running also was something Georgia wasn't ready for.

I expected Stetson to run, but he really didn't as much as I thought he would.

Had roles been reversed and it was Georgia guy that got hit and concussed, it WOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.

No Question about it.

Should have been Buckeyes ball at the 2 and they would have gone in for a 7 point TD instead of the 3 pt FG ....

If they had scored more points than their opponent they would have won.

No question about it.

If they had scored more points than their opponent they would have won.

No question about it.
Who ever said he concussed hitting ground is Wrong as well, ,he really didn't hit the ground hard at all.

Oh well, if the Buckeyes would have been anywhere near full strength, that would have helped as well.

Btw, Harrison was the Buckeyes 2nd best recvr, the first one is injured (JSN). TE Stover also went out in the first half.
They had Zero starting RB's playing .... I think the 3rd and 5th string RBs were playing .
I'd say they played pretty well considering all the injured players ....

Some will be back next year, some won't.

They will start over at QB next year as well.

Btw, if we had Harrison for the rest of the game we would have scored MUCH more and won like I mentioned earlier.

Thats ok though ... They played much better than most expected.

If you bet on the Buckeyes, you WON .... point spread was 6.5

I'll watch, I think.
TCU is Way better than they are given credit for, now weather Georgia shuts them down is yet to be seen.
No I think they looked worse because of the breaks. Michigan gave them 13 points could of been 14. ( 2 pick 6s)Twice Michigan was inside the the 5 and scored ZERO! I think Michigan played their worst game in years and lost it single handedly! I dont think I would want to be the one making odds. By far the only good game was Ohio, and Georgia! Michigan embarrassed themselves. Just because you keep coming back, means nothing. Played so poorly they had to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.