2022-2023 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I think they looked worse because of the breaks. Michigan gave them 13 points could of been 14. ( 2 pick 6s)Twice Michigan was inside the the 5 and scored ZERO! I think Michigan played their worst game in years and lost it single handedly! I dont think I would want to be the one making odds. By far the only good game was Ohio, and Georgia! Michigan embarrassed themselves. Just because you keep coming back, means nothing. Played so poorly they had to come back.
I'll give TCU credit, they never quit playing, been that way most of the year.

Reactions: AZ.
Had roles been reversed and it was Georgia guy that got hit and concussed, it WOULD HAVE BEEN A PENALTY.

No Question about it.

Except that it was legal contact with the shoulder pads. Even the announcers pointed that out (watched a replay of the game earlier today), as has everyone else here. The only bias is yours for Ohio State.

I hate the long break between the end of the season and the playoff. A break like that makes a team rusty, and we saw that with both Michigan and Georgia.
Would you rather, play the next weeks and not have any of your injured players available OR a break and get some players healthy ?

Except that it was legal contact with the shoulder pads. Even the announcers pointed that out (watched a replay of the game earlier today), as has everyone else here. The only bias is yours for Ohio State.
Shoulder pads and Helmet hit at the same time ....
Helmet contact is Helmet contact.
Many times it's incidental ..... this was not.
This was INTENTIONAL.

Would you rather, play the next weeks and not have any of your injured players available OR a break and get some players healthy ?
Sure, why not. Every other league (including other NCAA Football divisions) starts the playoffs the week after the regular season begins.

Reactions: osu1991
No you cant hit anyone in the head anymore...common man...They are trying to stop head injuries! If the announcers said it just a bunch of cheerleaders! Look how much the game has changed in 5 years.
Now if you want to say intentional or not intentional you have a point.

Reactions: Jimbo
Shoulder pads and Helmet hit at the same time ....
Helmet contact is Helmet contact.
Many times it's incidental ..... this was not.
This was INTENTIONAL.
An intentional hit with the shoulder pads (in the clip you can see he turned to make sure he didn't make helmet to helmet contact), which is allowed, as the announcers pointed out, and replay officials confirmed.

As for the cause of the concussion, I'd say it was the ground, as his head hit it pretty hard, as shown by the slight bounce it made.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcXolN0W_w

Sure, why not. Every other league (including other NCAA Football divisions) starts the playoffs the week after the regular season begins.
That will happen once the Playoffs start ...
Then College Football will just become the NFL Minor.

An intentional hit with the shoulder pads, which is allowed, as the announcers pointed out, and replay officials confirmed.

As for the cause of the concussion, I'd say it was the ground, as his head hit it pretty hard, as shown by the slight bounce it made.

WRONG ON BOTH ACCOUNTS .....
But thats OK, you'll see it your way regardless.

An intentional hit with the shoulder pads (in the clip you can see he turned to make sure he didn't make helmet to helmet contact), which is allowed, as the announcers pointed out, and replay officials confirmed.

Helmet hit as well ... like I said before, it happens, but is ALWAYS Called in player safety, buy conveniently NOT this time ....

No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder.Sep 3, 2022

College football targeting, explained: How controversial rule ...

https://www.sportingnews.com › ncaa-football › news › c...
Here's the entire rule btw, as you only put part of it there.

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting. When in question, it is a foul. ...

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indications of targeting (emphasis NCAA's) include but are not limited to:

• Launch-a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass
  • A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier
  • A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return
  • A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier
  • A player on the ground
  • A player obviously out of the play
  • A player who receives a blind-side block
  • A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped
  • A quarterback any time after a change of possession a ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet first"

• Haha
Here's the entire rule btw, as you only put part of it there.

ARTICLE 4. No player shall target and make forcible contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless opponent with the helmet, forearm, hand, fist, elbow or shoulder. This foul requires that there be at least one indicator of targeting. When in question, it is a foul. ...

Note 1: "Targeting" means that a player takes aim at an opponent for purposes of attacking with forcible contact that goes beyond making a legal tackle or a legal block or playing the ball. Some indications of targeting (emphasis NCAA's) include but are not limited to:

• Launch-a player leaving his feet to attack an opponent by an upward and forward thrust of the body to make forcible contact in the head or neck area
  • A crouch followed by an upward and forward thrust to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area, even though one or both feet are still on the ground
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area
  • Lowering the head before attacking by initiating forcible contact with the crown of the helmet
Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14). When in question, a player is defenseless. Examples of defenseless players include but are not limited to:
  • A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass
  • A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier
  • A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the return
  • A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier
  • A player on the ground
  • A player obviously out of the play
  • A player who receives a blind-side block
  • A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward progress has been stopped
  • A quarterback any time after a change of possession a ball carrier who has obviously given himself up and is sliding feet first"
And you said you can hit a player in the head with the shoulder? What ever, some say its the ground(joke) and others you can hit him in the head no matter what....I stand, this would not be controversial if it was 5 years or more ago.. Everything is different now, and what ever you do not hit the QB!
Id rather someone say it was a questionable hit. I think its more than fair...And goes right to who gets the big breaks in a game!

Reactions: Derwin0
And you said you can hit a player in the head with the shoulder? What ever, some say its the ground(joke) and others you can hit him in the head no matter what....I stand, this would not be controversial if it was 5 years or more ago.. Everything is different now, and what ever you do not hit the QB!
Especially in the NFL, and definitely when Tom Brady is involved. Several good sacks have been ruled "roughing the passer".

Wide Left.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ronnie- and HIFI
Status
Not open for further replies.