211/EHD/Not recording ota and Dish channel

skidog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
Waconia, Minnesota
I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I searched and didn't find anything recent, I did find a thread with what sounded like the same issue but it was from 2008 so I'm wondering if there are any updates.
I just set my 211 up with an EHD and if I have it set to record an ota channel and a dish channel it starts to record the ota but stops like a minute into it and when I hit pause shows that it has recorded the whole show but did not, it does record the dish channel though. By the way this only seems to happen when the 211 is doing this automatically, if I manually hit record on an ota and then go to the dish channel and manually hit record it seems to do both fine.
I did some experimenting and found that if I had the reciever and tv on and tried this it recorded both channels fine so I then set it up to record an ota and Dish channel and turned the reciever and tv off and it did record the Dish channel but didn't do the ota channel saying there was a signal issue, which it has said before when I've tried even though the ota channel always comes in fine.
So my ? is, has Dish been trying to solve this issue or is it certain EHD's that have this problem cuz I want to get another EHD for the living room 211k.
Thanks for any replies.:)

I'm using a WD my book essentials.
I also noticed when replaying recorded ota shows that I get a chattering sound like the noise made by the creatures in the movie Predator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)