211 recording to pocketdish

carefreepastor

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I know I saw the answer to this someplace. Of course, I can't find it now. Search revealed no answer. I just bought a pocketdish 700. How do I record using the 211 event scheduler to the pocketdish. I know that it must be via analog inputs. I remember that the last update enabled something with the vcr item in the menu.

If I understand this post, over on DBStalk, then your handy dandy PocketDish turns your 211 into a SD PVR recorder via the USB port. Don't know what would happen if you tried to record HD to it...

If I understand this post, over on DBStalk, then your handy dandy PocketDish turns your 211 into a SD PVR recorder via the USB port. Don't know what would happen if you tried to record HD to it...

Ah, there it is! I knew I read it someplace. Thank-you. I entirely spaced on the USB part though. I thought that I had to set the 211 up to record to the pocketdish as if it were a vcr.

Please let us know how it works. In this one way (recording to external disk), it's better than the EHD option for the 622/722!

Ah, there it is! I knew I read it someplace. Thank-you. I entirely spaced on the USB part though. I thought that I had to set the 211 up to record to the pocketdish as if it were a vcr.

You can setup using the pocket dish and using the VCR setup menu, choose the ERD Setup Screen that will display a message Disable or Enable recording to an external device. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts