211 recording to pocketdish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

carefreepastor

Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
I know I saw the answer to this someplace. Of course, I can't find it now. Search revealed no answer. I just bought a pocketdish 700. How do I record using the 211 event scheduler to the pocketdish. I know that it must be via analog inputs. I remember that the last update enabled something with the vcr item in the menu.

If I understand this post, over on DBStalk, then your handy dandy PocketDish turns your 211 into a SD PVR recorder via the USB port. Don't know what would happen if you tried to record HD to it...

If I understand this post, over on DBStalk, then your handy dandy PocketDish turns your 211 into a SD PVR recorder via the USB port. Don't know what would happen if you tried to record HD to it...

Ah, there it is! I knew I read it someplace. Thank-you. I entirely spaced on the USB part though. I thought that I had to set the 211 up to record to the pocketdish as if it were a vcr.

Please let us know how it works. In this one way (recording to external disk), it's better than the EHD option for the 622/722!

Ah, there it is! I knew I read it someplace. Thank-you. I entirely spaced on the USB part though. I thought that I had to set the 211 up to record to the pocketdish as if it were a vcr.

You can setup using the pocket dish and using the VCR setup menu, choose the ERD Setup Screen that will display a message Disable or Enable recording to an external device. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)