211K question

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
One of my goals in the first week of the New Year is to go through my house and sell, give away, or throw out anything that has been sitting around collecting dust for the last year or 2. I still have the boxes that the E* equipment came in for the install. I noticed that the stb boxes have no Circled A on the packaging label with the features listed as it is supposed to for EA installs. The stb's are 2-211K's and 2-612's, I remember that everything that you read bout an EA install says that the stb's are to have Circled A on the box. What exactly does the A that is circled mean, Thanks for any info. Happy New Year to all here, hope you and family and friends do well and are safe this year

I was told that in order for the new card to be internal, it had to be the STB's with the circle A. I had a VIP222 without the A, and was mailed the new card.

Are the STB's in question active right now? If not, I'd bet that they won't work without the new card.

On the 18th of January 2010 the boxes will have been active for 1 year, the only thing I can think is that the labels on the boxes are the wrong ones as they don't have a circled A on them anywhere (the boxes originated in Mexico, maybe thats the problem) maybe the stb's do. Since they work guess they are the A boxes just wondering what the @ ment

Anyway, that's the explanation of the A. Another way that you can tell if the card is internal is in the system info screen. The DNASP will be 241.

EDIT: at least on the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)