217 GRIT ?

oldford

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
Eastern Maine
The channel card on the Dish web site says it's HD. All I see is SD that is cropped and I can't get full screen.
Any advice?
Thanks, Eric

That is far from the only mistake on that list. The chart on Dish's site is available by clicking the English Channel Guide link here: MyDISH

The mistakes I see on that list are as follows:
  • BET Gospel 362 is listed as HD-only. It is in fact an SD channel.
  • DISH Scapes 199 (which is in fact HD-only) is not listed as HD.
  • GRIT 217 is incorrectly listed as HD, as already discussed above.
  • Hopper Insider 103 is not listed as HD, but should be.
  • HSN 74 is not listed as HD, but should be.
  • MTV 160 is not listed as HD, while MTV2 161 is listed as HD.
  • Newsmax 216 is not listed as HD, while Newsy 283 is listed as HD.
  • Olympic Channel 389 is not listed as HD.
  • Uplifting Entertainment 188 is not listed as HD.
  • Multi-Sport Pack still lists "Plus over 25 Regional Sports Networks."
  • Starz Encore Espanol 348 is not listed as HD.
  • National Action Pack still lists 246 as Velocity. It is actually MotorTrend.
  • Heartland Pack also fails to list Uplifting Entertainment 188 as HD.
  • Stars & Stripes Pack fails to list both American Heroes 195 and Starz Encore Westerns 342 as HD.

That is far from the only mistake on that list. The chart on Dish's site is available by clicking the English Channel Guide link here: MyDISH

The mistakes I see on that list are as follows:
  • BET Gospel 362 is listed as HD-only. It is in fact an SD channel.
  • DISH Scapes 199 (which is in fact HD-only) is not listed as HD.
  • GRIT 217 is incorrectly listed as HD, as already discussed above.
  • Hopper Insider 103 is not listed as HD, but should be.
  • HSN 74 is not listed as HD, but should be.
  • MTV 160 is not listed as HD, while MTV2 161 is listed as HD.
  • Newsmax 216 is not listed as HD, while Newsy 283 is listed as HD.
  • Olympic Channel 389 is not listed as HD.
  • Uplifting Entertainment 188 is not listed as HD.
  • Multi-Sport Pack still lists "Plus over 25 Regional Sports Networks."
  • Starz Encore Espanol 348 is not listed as HD.
  • National Action Pack still lists 246 as Velocity. It is actually MotorTrend.
  • Heartland Pack also fails to list Uplifting Entertainment 188 as HD.
  • Stars & Stripes Pack fails to list both American Heroes 195 and Starz Encore Westerns 342 as HD.

And you aren't even taking into account the wrong packages the channels are listed for and those that have no packages. NFL Network isn't exclusive to Top 250, NHL Network isn't available in Top 120+, nor is MLB Network.

And you aren't even taking into account the wrong packages the channels are listed for and those that have no packages. NFL Network isn't exclusive to Top 250, NHL Network isn't available in Top 120+, nor is MLB Network.
I thought of that after I posted. You are correct, I was only checking the HD tag or lack thereof. I figured someone would point out the incorrect package listings. :)

Some of these mistakes could be attributed to a channel being added to (or removed from) the channel lineup, which should have shifted everything by one line, but then the HD tags and package listings remained on the old line where the channel was previously. (For example, the mistakes I pointed out about the HD tag for MTV appearing on MTV2's line, or the HD tag for Newsmax appearing on Newsy's line.) I would ask "How does a chart like this get released to the public with so much incorrect information on it?" But, this is Dish we are talking about, so...

Reactions: zippyfrog

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)