22 Khz before Diseqc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I have a centralized location for my feedthrough into the house and my FTA dish setup.

On the other side of the house is my NASA (DBS) dish with a long run of coax on the roof towards the Diseqc switch.

Long story short, if I add another fixed dish near the NASA dish, could I run the 2 dishes into a 22 Khz switch and THEN to one of the Diseqc ports?

This is to avoid running a 2nd coax from across the house.

Yes , you can do that. I'm running a similar setup from a single fixed dish, and 2 lnb ports of my Invacom qph031 off the motorized dish .

The 22khz switch must be closer to the lnb than the Diseqc. My Diseqc switch is right by my receiver, since I have "homerun" cabling from the two locations.

:)

will work just fine. I'm doing this right now with my "2 LNB on a 6 foot dish" setup

22k switch behind the 6 foot dish to combine 99 & 103 C-band
cable runs along deck over to diseqc switch and hooks into there

Sounds great. This is all due to that same mango tree I mentioned before. It's blocking the view of 119, 123, and 127. I can't be without my Equity channels.

Besides, having a fixed dish for G10 isn't a bad idea, considering I watch those channels as if they we're subscription.

Pavlov's Dog, or: way OT!

My wife glares at me when the UPS truck shows up.
I'd order her gifts that were delivered by UPS.
And maybe for her next girl's-only party, order her a stripper, dressed as . . . :eureka

Pretty soon, the UPS guy would be her favorite part of the day!

I'd order her gifts that were delivered by UPS.
And maybe for her next girl's-only party, order her a stripper, dressed as . . . :eureka

Pretty soon, the UPS guy would be her favorite part of the day!

With the satellite stuff and the things I purchase off E-Bay, the UPS guy knows my house very well.

I'm afraid the mailman is going to quit my route, some sellers have shipped very heavy packages via the USPS :eek:

With the satellite stuff and the things I purchase off E-Bay, the UPS guy knows my house very well.

I'm afraid the mailman is going to quit my route, some sellers have shipped very heavy packages via the USPS :eek:
I remember some stories ( can't vouch for the facts, myself ) about people shipping bricks to Alaska via USPS . Turned out the cheapest way to get them there. Imagine that poor Alaska mailman, muttering " !!%*%# BRICKS !!!".
:)

OK, here's how to fix the wife situation with UPS, I went through this with race car parts.

Get a friend that also has the wife problem to start having his stuff shipped to your house. Tell your wife about it, obviously the 2 wives should not be friends. I really did do this just to help a friend out in the beginning. But, once his parts started showing up, and I just told my wife it was his stuff, so it was no problem with her, I suddenly realized I could do the same thing with my stuff, just tell her it was his. :D

OK, here's how to fix the wife situation with UPS, I went through this with race car parts.

Get a friend that also has the wife problem to start having his stuff shipped to your house. Tell your wife about it, obviously the 2 wives should not be friends. I really did do this just to help a friend out in the beginning. But, once his parts started showing up, and I just told my wife it was his stuff, so it was no problem with her, I suddenly realized I could do the same thing with my stuff, just tell her it was his. :D

AHA! Sneaky, sneaky :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)