22khz switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Reinhold

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Can a 22KHZ switch be used in place of a disqu switch and how.
Reinhold

- Only for 2 LNBFs
- Only for LNBFs that are not Universal LNBFs (since those have internal 22k switches already)
- In the receiver setup screen for that particular satellite for which the LNBF is connected to the port marked "off" on the 22k switch, set Diseqc to off, and set "22k" to "off".
- In the receiver setup screen for that particular satellite for which the LNBF is connected to the port marked "on" on the 22k switch, set Diseqc to off, and set "22k" to "on".

Thanks guys.Since I can't get my new Mercury II to work with a diseqc switch maybe I'll try that.
Reinhold.

Why don't you describe the problem.
Maybe there is some other simple solution.
Ya can't get good advice without giving all the facts.

Since I got the MercuryII now, about two month ago I have never been able to use a 4x1 disque switch.When I first installed it the rotary sats downloaded fine but no liniars.I send it back to sadoun,but the very rude technician told me there was nothing wrong with the receiver.I tried every possible combination with the 1.0 and 1.1
switches and the ports on the disque switch,but nothing.It works fine without the swich,but then I like to watch soccer once in a while,which is onthe rotary side. I have had two lifetime ultras for two years,which never gave me any problem.This was supposed to be an upgrade.Maybe somebody can give me the settings they are using?
Reinhold.

Please describe how you are using the DiSEqC switch. Sounds like you might be using a motorized system with a QPH-031 LNBF?

Please decribe the flow of the connections and what equipment is connected .....

I.E.
Fortec Mercury II Receiver >>>>> Stab HH90motor >>>>>> Sadoun 4x1 DiSEqC switch >>>>>>
>>>>>Port #1 QPH-031 Linear on motorized
>>>>>Port #2 QPH-031 Circular on motorized
>>>>>Port #3 Standard LNBF on fixed aimed at Galaxy25
>>>>>Port #4 f-fitting terminator - not used

SatelliteAV might be able to help you with your switching errors.

I am using the QPH 31.
My connections are:
QPH L to S1 for liniar
QPH C to S 4 for circular .Both to the DiSQu switch to motor then to Mercury two.
The other L&C from the QPh go to another 4x1 switch and from there to my Lifetime Ultra without any problem.
On the Merc I have tried all kinds of combinations using the 1.0 1.1 or none with the switch positions addresses from the DiSQu switch.
Reinhold.

Ok, the obvious questions, but they need to be asked.....

1. Have you verified that the Ultra can correctly control both DiSEqC switches?
2. Have you verified that the Mercury has the switch control problem on both of the DiSEqC switches?

Try this experiment. Aim the dish to 110W.
  • Press sat and only display the 110W satellite
  • Enter the Installation Menu.
  • Select 110W satellite
  • Select TP 12341
  • Change the switch setting from S4 to S1 and exit and save
  • Go back into the Installation menu select TP 12341 and change back from S1 to S4

Does the Quality Level Reading come up? If you exit the Installation Menu (don't change the channels or motor position), is Gol TV viewable?

Sorry I did not reply earlier.I have been a little under the weather,still am.
I have tried at least 4 different switches which all worked with the fortec ultra,none worked with the mercuryII.
Thanks for all your efforts though.
Reinhold.

We are working on a solution that might address this problem. We will post a reply as if we find a solution.

Did you try the experiment that I suggested?

I have tried that and others.I guess you are trying to find out if the switch was simply stuck which is not the case.
Reinhold.

Inspired by this thread, I tried using a 22 khz switch at my Invacom lnb, and then running the cable to an input on a 4x1 Diseqc switch, then to my Merc II. The system doesn't work, BUT the same hookup DOES work on my Buzz Plus ( using the same switches ).
I haven't done any multiple switch configs before, but at the moment, my 80cm is without a motor, so I thought I'd use the 80cm fixed it on G10R and put it on another port of the Diseqc switch. The Buzz handles this just fine, but for some reason, the 22khz tone must not be getting past the Diseqc switch using the Merc II. Odd phenomenon, but maybe related.
:)

Since I installed the 22Khz switch(no disqc switch) I have had no problem.
Reinhold.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)