240cm BUD w/CS5000?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
I'm considering a 240cm fixed prime focus dish.

I currently have a CS5000 receiver.

The questions I have are:
1. Will my current receiver work well with C-band?
2. Can I mount the dish on a wooden base made of 6x6 treated lumber (cause I have it) or is it better to make a concrete base.
3. If my receiver is a good fit, what LNB would be a good choice (does not need to be Ku)?

Thanks all.

1. yes. I have 2 Coolsat 5000's running (partiallly) on a 6 footer
2. Fixed dish or motorized? If motorized concrete would work the best....otherwise you'll need a bunch of cinder blocks to keep the dish from moving
3. If just one receiver, either single LNB from satelliteav or WSI would work. I personanlly would get a C2 from satav. It has dual outputs :)

Thanks Ice!

This would be fixed. I was thinking of using long pieces of 6x6 laid flat into the ground and add a lot of dirt or cinder blocks for stability. This would be set low to the ground next to a hill, partially out of the wind.

Dual outputs would be a good choice I didn't consider.

Fizbi, I don't know what your soil is like up there in Wildandwindyville, but you might consider driving some long stakes/pieces of rebar/Model T axles...etc. through holes in your lumber and then into the ground.

Drive them in at an angle for more holding power. Of course you would want to put some weight on there also.

Fizbi, I don't know what your soil is like up there in Wildandwindyville, ...

phlatwound,

Now that you mention it...right now I can't even see the soil!
We got 6 inches of snow today and the last thing on my mind is planting a new dish. I may have to wait till spring to do this project.

I saw that Saturday when watching the Wyoming football game. They mentioned Laramie had 6+ inches of snow

funny watching the players warm up (no pun intended) while they cleared off the field :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts