269 is here, dark picture problem fixed!

johnny_b said:
Poke
If your not having a dark picture issue with your 811 its because your not watching SD via composite or s-video. Please dont confuse the issue by saying your not having a problem when your not using those outputs.

Well, I "watch" Dish across the DVI connection, but I "tape" to VCR over composite. Composite was very dark until about 2 software updates ago, then it was fixed.

This brightness "fix" will be interesting to calibrate with test patterns.

VCR's! They still make those things! I know next year or sometime real soon they are going to stop makeing them and VHS. Better get up to date get on DVD Format!

Poke said:
VCR's! They still make those things! I know next year or sometime real soon they are going to stop makeing them and VHS. Better get up to date get on DVD Format!

Hah hah Mr. Funny.

:)

I tape some stuff for friends off Disc. HD, and I don't have a DVR so I do tape shows once in a great while if I'm going to miss the broadcast.

I'm waiting for the HD DVR with OTA tuner with 5th gen. chipset that only costs $300 and has no monthly fee.

Yeah just kidding around! LOL! Yeah never tried tapeing anything but glad things are working for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)