2700a s/w transfer question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mk98765

Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
I got A NEW 2700a.
Using it as a slave, I want to s/w transfer to it from another 2700a master. FOllowed the manual steps and pushed the channel up key. Seeing the empty transfer bar, seeing that slave turns off and back up on. Then nothing happens, no indication that data or code is transferring. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

Make sure you have the right cable. I'm sure the Pansat site would tell you the correct proceedure .................p.s. also, forgive me if I detect the slightest whif of h**k t**k.

Why are you transfering the software from one reciever to another?

If you wanted to upload the newest original pansat firmware, I would do it from a computer..

If you wanted to upload a hack firmware.. then I suggest calling 888-825-2557 for help with that.. They will be sure to help you out with that.

couldn't have said it better myself......smells a bit fishy to me.

Its truly unfortunate that people who recieve programming illegally are getting the impression that these receivers are "FTA" receivers. and that in some cases, they are doing nothing wrong. I'm sure the posts that we have seen, which may or may not include this post, are as a direct result of google searches for FTA related material. Its too bad that most people don't read the "warning to hackers" sticky. It would be nice to see a pop-up in the FTA area that clearly stated that this was not a forum to download or trouble shoot receivers with illegal software capable of getting "paid for programming" or the like and a real definition of FTA.....my two cents

Closed thread….obviously somebody (OP) didn’t read the rules : )

Free to Air and Free because I Steal are two different things

FTA is allowed
FBIS is not allowed here : )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)