29 Million Blu-Ray homes expected this year

Sorry, I know this isn't the war zone, but.... Hahahahahahaha. Since the PS3 has only sold around 8.8 million world wide, I seriously doubt this. Do I think that sales will increase since the demise of HD DVD? yes. But not to this extent.

S~

Its going to be hard to achieve that, but its not impossible.
The PS3 may get another price cut, and I believe there will be lower end Blu-ray players released this summer...and we should we see more price cuts on older BR players.

I dont think they really care if the PS3 is used for games only... its still a home with Blu-ray capabilities... spin spin spin skew skew skew, do whatever it takes to make it look good for you.

The name of the game no matter what side of whatever arguement/policy/etc you are on.

The only way they hit those kind of numbers:

--DVD production is stopped and everyone is forced to buy Blu-Ray.
--Players come down under $150.

Leaving aside the numbers itself, this I found interesting:
This Strategy Analytics report predicts that global sales of Blu-ray devices will reach 18.8 million units in 2008,
including 4 million stand-alone players, 13 million consoles and nearly 2 million PCs.
i.e. there will be one BD-capable HTPC for every two standalone players.

Diogen.

they could be using Blu-Ray for the storage media and nothing at all for the movie capabilities, so they may not nec. be HTPC's

they could be using Blu-Ray for the storage media and nothing at all for the movie capabilities, so they may not nec. be HTPC's
Possible.
But I'd consider this less likely than believing all PS3s are used for BD movie playback...:)

Diogen.

That number will be easily reached if they give them away for free.

That's the only reason I have one. They were giving away the Sharp BD-HP20U with the purchase of a Sharp HDTV back in January. I ended up exchanging the TV (mulitple problems) for a Sony, but kept the BD player. It has its problems, but for free it's a pretty decent unit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts