$299 PS3 on January 28th

If this happens I'm going to be pissed as I just bought one last month and the 28th is just outside my 30 day return window :(

Return it before the 30 days and pick one up after the price cuts are announced.

what he said. I bought mine Jan 6th. This falls in my 30 day window, but if it's not announced, I may return mine anyway and wait it out a month or two.

If you cut out the UPC label to take advantage ofa rebate you may have problems returning it.

Make it $199 then maybe I'll go to the dark side otherwise Sony can kiss my ***

Hot cakes? Yumm, make mine with extra butter and hot syrup, ha.

Make it $199 then maybe I'll go to the dark side otherwise Sony can kiss my ***

Hot cakes? Yumm, make mine with extra butter and hot syrup, ha.

Wow.... it hasn't been that long since the PS2 was $199.... and the PS3 was $499 or $599... cutting the price by 2/3 in the first 18 months of life would be pretty extreme.

I already have one, but I think my 60 gig version is the best one, because it has the PS2 chipset in the machine. So no software emulation for me. :D

I already have one, but I think my 60 gig version is the best one, because it has the PS2 chipset in the machine. So no software emulation for me. :D

Same here - I actually thought that this would start to become less of an issue (all of the games I play now are PS3), but my wife and kids have bought some PS2 games recently (SingStar, etc), so I'm very glad I have the 60GB. And, of course, we played mostly PS2 games for the first few months we had it...

I've never had a PS2, so really would like the BC, especially given the current games available for the PS3. If I were to purchase one, only a few I'd really want (Warhawk, Motorstorm, would Gamefly the rest to try them if there are no demos on PSN).

I've missed a lot of PS2 franchises I'd like to try...

Kingdom Hearts
God of War
many others...

This is why i took such offense to nixing BC.

Hmm, there might be some credibility to this rumor.

I have been scouring the web in my spare time. One guy claims he recieved a BB coupon for 20% off all HD & BD players. Take a look and print it out, it says nothing to exlude PS3s. If you can pull it off, that means a 40g for $320 & a 80g for $400.

Will Hurd's Page on 1UP.com

If the wife and I weren't in a battle over my spending, I would grab a 40g tomorrow...

You can already get one for that price at the sony style website if you sign up for there credit card.
I'd stay away from Credit Cards, I'd rather wait for the price to go down itself 100$ in retail.

Hmm, there might be some credibility to this rumor.

I have been scouring the web in my spare time. One guy claims he recieved a BB coupon for 20% off all HD & BD players. Take a look and print it out, it says nothing to exlude PS3s. If you can pull it off, that means a 40g for $320 & a 80g for $400.

Will Hurd's Page on 1UP.com
I received the 20% off coupon in the mail yesterday and wondered if it could be used for the PS3. I guess we'll find out when the coupon is valid on the 25th...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)