$299 PS3 on January 28th

If this happens I'm going to be pissed as I just bought one last month and the 28th is just outside my 30 day return window :(

Return it before the 30 days and pick one up after the price cuts are announced.

what he said. I bought mine Jan 6th. This falls in my 30 day window, but if it's not announced, I may return mine anyway and wait it out a month or two.

If you cut out the UPC label to take advantage ofa rebate you may have problems returning it.

Make it $199 then maybe I'll go to the dark side otherwise Sony can kiss my ***

Hot cakes? Yumm, make mine with extra butter and hot syrup, ha.

Make it $199 then maybe I'll go to the dark side otherwise Sony can kiss my ***

Hot cakes? Yumm, make mine with extra butter and hot syrup, ha.

Wow.... it hasn't been that long since the PS2 was $199.... and the PS3 was $499 or $599... cutting the price by 2/3 in the first 18 months of life would be pretty extreme.

I already have one, but I think my 60 gig version is the best one, because it has the PS2 chipset in the machine. So no software emulation for me. :D

I already have one, but I think my 60 gig version is the best one, because it has the PS2 chipset in the machine. So no software emulation for me. :D

Same here - I actually thought that this would start to become less of an issue (all of the games I play now are PS3), but my wife and kids have bought some PS2 games recently (SingStar, etc), so I'm very glad I have the 60GB. And, of course, we played mostly PS2 games for the first few months we had it...

I've never had a PS2, so really would like the BC, especially given the current games available for the PS3. If I were to purchase one, only a few I'd really want (Warhawk, Motorstorm, would Gamefly the rest to try them if there are no demos on PSN).

I've missed a lot of PS2 franchises I'd like to try...

Kingdom Hearts
God of War
many others...

This is why i took such offense to nixing BC.

Hmm, there might be some credibility to this rumor.

I have been scouring the web in my spare time. One guy claims he recieved a BB coupon for 20% off all HD & BD players. Take a look and print it out, it says nothing to exlude PS3s. If you can pull it off, that means a 40g for $320 & a 80g for $400.

Will Hurd's Page on 1UP.com

If the wife and I weren't in a battle over my spending, I would grab a 40g tomorrow...

Hmm, there might be some credibility to this rumor.

I have been scouring the web in my spare time. One guy claims he recieved a BB coupon for 20% off all HD & BD players. Take a look and print it out, it says nothing to exlude PS3s. If you can pull it off, that means a 40g for $320 & a 80g for $400.

Will Hurd's Page on 1UP.com
I received the 20% off coupon in the mail yesterday and wondered if it could be used for the PS3. I guess we'll find out when the coupon is valid on the 25th...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)