2nd RF remote

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I'd like to get a 2nd rf remote to go with my Dish box (so I can keep the unit enclosed without buying one of those 3rd party solutions). We use the current rf for the TV that is fed form this one.

Will Dish sell/lease a 2nd rf remote?

Do you mean to control TV1 like you do TV2? If that is the case and you are NOT in two user mode, yes Dish or anyone will sell you another rf remote identical to your TV2 remote.

If you are in two user mode then you need to get a conversion gadget from dish. It includes a receiver to put by the DVR and a rf remote just like TV2. I think it has different colored buttons though they do the same thing and are laid out the same. It's $40.

Yes; I want to control TV 1 just like we do TV 2 (and keep the dish box enclosed in the cabinet).

Cool... $40.00 isn't too bad!

First of all what receiver are you talking about?

In many cases you don't need the "conversion gadget" just a 6.3 UHF Pro remote and the green UHF Pro #1 key for it.

I've seen these for around $20 on ebay.

Whoopee!

Pepper, you just saved me forty bucks!!! I called Dish tech and they walked me through the procedure to make the UHF remote from my old 522 work with my 622 on TV1!!!

ctjr, sorry for the bum steer. If you can find any Dish UHF Pro remote it seems you can get it to work for TV1.

Pepper, I had flipped the green/blue chip that came in the old remote over to green-tv1 and when I changed the address and pressed the record button the 622 changed TV1 remote address to work with that old remote. Then I used the same button sequence and changed the new IR remote to the same address and they both work.

This is fantastic!

By the way the old remote that I got to work with the 622 was a 6.0 UHF Pro (that came with the 522 a couple of years ago).

Further clarification:

The 6.0 remote has two modes. UHF Pro with the chip/key/whatever-you-wanna-call-it on the blue #2 side. And IR-only with it flipped over to green #1.

6.2 and 6.3 remotes have additionally a UHF (non-Pro - Black key) and a TV1-only UHF Pro (Green key with UHF Pro logo) mode. To accomplish this it has multiple keys corresponding to four positions of the switch inside where the key is inserted. TV1 UHF Pro and TV2 UHF Pro are different for the 942/622/722 receivers. These remotes also feature the "Band A/B" switch inside the battery cover, which gives you an additional frequency range to use in case you're in a very crowded area and there are conflicting remotes nearby. Band A, the default, is compatible with the 6.0 frequency.

Bottom line: With a 942/622/722, you need a 6.2 or 6.3 to create a TV1 remote that will control the receiver from another room with UHF Pro. A 6.0 won't work for this purpose but will work fine for the TV2 remote.

Further clarification:

Bottom line: With a 942/622/722, you need a 6.2 or 6.3 to create a TV1 remote that will control the receiver from another room with UHF Pro. A 6.0 won't work for this purpose but will work fine for the TV2 remote.

Sorry to be such an idiot, but I'm not clear. For my situation, the DVR (just the basic non-HD currently) will be connected to TV 1, but placedin a cabinet.

TV 2 (upstairs) has a UHF(?) remote already. I want to control TV1 in the same manner as TV2. Will either a 6.2 or 6.3 accomplich this??

Thanks again, and sorry to be so thick on this!

Further clarification:

The 6.0 remote has two modes. UHF Pro with the chip/key/whatever-you-wanna-call-it on the blue #2 side. And IR-only with it flipped over to green #1.
Dang!!! I guess I walked into that by "being in front of the 622" like the Dish CSR told me to when he walked me through the setup.

One thing pepper: Where besides in posts from you is this information available? I really did a lot of digging on E*'s web site and the Dish Store's description doesn't show their 6.3 will do UHF on TV1 of a 622.

What's the deal with this info?

Sorry to be such an idiot, but I'm not clear. For my situation, the DVR (just the basic non-HD currently) will be connected to TV 1, but placedin a cabinet.

TV 2 (upstairs) has a UHF(?) remote already. I want to control TV1 in the same manner as TV2. Will either a 6.2 or 6.3 accomplich this??

Thanks again, and sorry to be so thick on this!
You better post which receiver model you have and get an answer from pepper. I had assumed it was a 622. Isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)