3/25/2009 1:34pm - Uplink Activity Report - 55 changes

We know for SURE that within the next week we will have a bunch more national HD channels. ;)

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by you, it states quite clearly that all new HD promises shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy, "I, the undersigned, may not get all new channels, features, or packages herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! Charlie is too cheap to add new national HD right now, so you get *NOTHING*! You lose! Good day sir!

Do the 622 and 722 receivers come with Local HD Channel Mapdown as the default ? Or do you have to enable it ?

( I am wondering whether my in-laws will see their new Local HD channels in the two-digit range, or will I have to tell them to looks for the 4 digit number ? )

I guess Ft. Smith Arkansas network HD feeds are of the lowest priority to DN?[/quote]

28 days and still waiting!!!

they lumped us in the "
More HD Local Markets Coming Soon" category on the last charlie chat. i've contacted all the stations and they all claim that dish is receiving their HD signal right now. i wish they would turn them on though.

side question-can you not put a script into your signature? i was going to try and put a counter there, but it doesn't accept it? anyone that might know, pm me. thanks

Do the 622 and 722 receivers come with Local HD Channel Mapdown as the default ? Or do you have to enable it ?

( I am wondering whether my in-laws will see their new Local HD channels in the two-digit range, or will I have to tell them to looks for the 4 digit number ? )

I believe, somewhere on the menu, you can select HD preference, which should make the HD mapdown automatic. I think it is the default configuration. But it can be switched to SDs (why anyone would want that is beyond me).

Finally Laker away games in HD. I have been waiting on KCAL HD since I had E*.
And Dodger games. :up

Cool, this is probably the most important LA local that the Dish subs still needed. Now Dish is only 4 HD locals behind Direct for LA HD. :p

So Scranton is getting a 7th local. I wonder how bad that's going to make the other 6 suck. The CW in particular was already pretty sucky, even after they switched from analog to digital.

I never thought E* would be crass enough to jab us with rate increases without also giving some more national HD at the same time. If the increase had been a couple of bucks I wouldn't have expected any, but at $10 I did expect some additional HD. I was wrong about that and won't be surprised in the least if no additional national HD is available come April 1st. This is a different company that the one many of us latched onto ten years or so ago.

I never thought E* would be crass enough to jab us with rate increases without also giving some more national HD at the same time. If the increase had been a couple of bucks I wouldn't have expected any, but at $10 I did expect some additional HD. I was wrong about that and won't be surprised in the least if no additional national HD is available come April 1st. This is a different company that the one many of us latched onto ten years or so ago.

Yea, I'm not a big Viacom fan but if I were I'd sign right now for those channels to be turned on April 1st. You never know when something "unexpected" will crop up and the whole launch is delayed or canceled so as long as you get those channels on the 1st I would be happy.

I could see them trying to avoid paying for a month by turning them on after midnight eastern on the 31st....
Then that wouldnt be BY april 1st, that would be ON april 1st.
If charlie is/was planning on turning them on this week,or last week, or as close as possible to april 1st, he should have originally said " these new hd channels will be starting on April 1st".
Just imagine how happy everyone around here would have been when the "april 1st" channels turned on 1-7 days early? Now, everyone is mad, saying they will be on 5 mins before april 1st, etc.
It seems to me, Dish makes their situations negatives instead of positives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)