3 dish multiswitch and HD signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sunblock90

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 21, 2004
I have two 36" dishes connected to an old Hughes Para todos multiswitch which allows four inputs from the two LNB's (8mhz and 13mhz). I get 95% signal strength from 101 and 119. I like the reliability of the big dishes and the ease of finding signal. I am thinking to install a third 36" dish for 110 and will need a multiswitch that can accept six inputs, and want 6 outputs to the H21-200 box for HD. Where can I get the multiswitch, the LNB, and will it work? I am in the Florida keys.

Thank you

I have two 36" dishes connected to an old Hughes Para todos multiswitch which allows four inputs from the two LNB's (8mhz and 13mhz). I get 95% signal strength from 101 and 119. I like the reliability of the big dishes and the ease of finding signal. I am thinking to install a third 36" dish for 110 and will need a multiswitch that can accept six inputs, and want 6 outputs to the H21-200 box for HD. Where can I get the multiswitch, the LNB, and will it work? I am in the Florida keys.

Thank you

First of all, the H21 that you have will not receive any of the new HD programming unless you go to the 5 LNB Slimline dish. That being said, there are going to be some issues with what you desire to do so why not go to the Triple Sat dish if you want SD only programming, or upgrade to the 5 LNB dish?

1) The dishes may be more reliable, but the additional connection points that are required for your system introduce more potential failure points.

2) I'm not aware of any multiswitch that will accept 6 inputs in the manner you describe because the 110 and 119 sats use the same 22kHz control tones and voltages (13VDC or 18VDC) for transponder selection which is why on a 4x8 or 6x8 multiswitch, the 110 and 119 sats share the same two ports.

Great input. Thank you. I did not know that I would need the 5LNB dish to get HD. Is there anyway to get an oversized 5LNB dish so that I can get HD? I always have reception problems where I am located.

OK. I am considering the Zimwell WB68 Multiswitch along with the DirectTV 5LNB AT9 dish. It looks like I might be able to run coax from the the single LNB's from my existing 101 and 119 36" dishes.

OK. I am considering the Zimwell WB68 Multiswitch along with the DirectTV 5LNB AT9 dish. It looks like I might be able to run coax from the the single LNB's from my existing 101 and 119 36" dishes.

That will work for the 101 and 119, but not the 110, and you will need to run two cables from each dish to the inputs of the switch.

That will work for the 101 and 119, but not the 110, and you will need to run two cables from each dish to the inputs of the switch.
NO IT WON"T WORK. The WB68 uses the 4 inputs from the 5LNB dish to provide 99/101/103/110&119, 101 &119 from another dish can't be connected.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)