3 hopper question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NLOS

Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
SE
Are 2 power inserters for a 3 hopper solution using a .2 ea and 2 44 switches needed ? A diagram I've seen shows 2 inserters...I was under the impression if the switches were trunked only 1 inserter was needed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can do three Hoppers with a DPP44, then cascade to a DPP33, you can also use another 44, but a 33 will work and you won't have to bother with two power supplies.

Nobody said a DPP44 didn't require a PS, I was just telling him that he could do it with a DPP33 and a 44 and only have to use one PS. What do you mean by "questionable usefulness" I use my 3rd Hopper all the time and might get a 4th one later.

Nobody said a DPP44 didn't require a PS, I was just telling him that he could do it with a DPP33 and a 44 and only have to use one PS.
Apparently the TS found a schematic somewhere that indicated successive DPP44s didn't require PIs (or they ignored the note in the lower left corner that says that "Each DP Plus 44 switch requires a Power Inserter on port 1").

I question having so many tuners as I'm baffled by the idea that so many are needed given how many things get replayed more than once in a week. Of course if having three Hoppers allows you to use 3 OTA dongles, that's a pretty good reason.

I have three Hoppers for convenience. I have each set up to record certain things series on one movies on another, etc and if there is a conflict I have a tuner open. Even though it is $5 per month more it is worth that to me, if I am that worried about the $5 I'll skip a pack of cigarettes I need to cut back on anyway :) If I can find a good place to put it I am not convinced I might not get a fourth.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)