Closed Caption Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AlaJoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Under closed caption settings / captioning services somehow it keeps changing to service 1 in which case captions do not work. I go back in and set it back to default and it will work fine for another day or so then I will notice cations not working and have to go in and change it back to default again because it keeps going back to one all on its own. Any one else seeing this. It is happening on the hopper, SJ, and J.

Under closed caption settings / captioning services somehow it keeps changing to service 1 in which case captions do not work. I go back in and set it back to default and it will work fine for another day or so then I will notice cations not working and have to go in and change it back to default again because it keeps going back to one all on its own. Any one else seeing this. It is happening on the hopper, SJ, and J.

My HWS and J have been doing this too.

Squeaky squeaky squeaky.... need grease...

I wonder how to escalate this issue My wife is 75% deaf and watch TV without captions just don't work for her and it is frustrating to have to reset sometimes 2 and 3 times a day.

I notice this dropping of CC most when playing back recordings. I would go to the menu CC setting, turn it OFF, and then back ON without leaving the menu and that would "fix" the CC stoppage. Hope the suggestion to pause and resume will work for me, because my "fix" time consuming.

And 100% with you that CC should be a dedicated button on the remote. DISH never has agree with that...

I have the same issues with CC on my HOPPER as every one else in this thread. My wife wears two hearing aids and MUST have CC to watch. I would point out that for me, DISH has ALWAYS had CC issues starting with my first 722 DISH receiver. We have tried everything mentioned here including MANY calls to DISH who have always denied any CC issue and ALWAYS recite the restart and or unplug the receiver dance. SIGH! JUST FIX IT DISH....... PLEASE!!!!

Pause/play works for me too.
Sometimes the last line will flash.
It changes from all caps to sentence case sometimes... really wish this worked better.

sent using mobile data only. no broadband in Rural America as was promised by both Presidents Bush & Obama.

This works for me, too. Dish first and second tier support have both confirmed to me that it is, in fact, a KNOWN issue. My hopper was replaced Friday due to an apparent bad spot on the hard drive which caused playback to stop thus ruining the recorded shows, and the replacement Hopper behaved the same way with respect to CC. Play/Pause worked on each.

Try to pause then un-pause. This returns the CC back for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

In S506 the "pause - UN-PAUSE trick no longer works for me. In fact, when I check CC in the setup, it has TURNED its self OFF!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts