3 hopper question

NLOS

Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
SE
Are 2 power inserters for a 3 hopper solution using a .2 ea and 2 44 switches needed ? A diagram I've seen shows 2 inserters...I was under the impression if the switches were trunked only 1 inserter was needed.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can do three Hoppers with a DPP44, then cascade to a DPP33, you can also use another 44, but a 33 will work and you won't have to bother with two power supplies.

Nobody said a DPP44 didn't require a PS, I was just telling him that he could do it with a DPP33 and a 44 and only have to use one PS. What do you mean by "questionable usefulness" I use my 3rd Hopper all the time and might get a 4th one later.

Nobody said a DPP44 didn't require a PS, I was just telling him that he could do it with a DPP33 and a 44 and only have to use one PS.
Apparently the TS found a schematic somewhere that indicated successive DPP44s didn't require PIs (or they ignored the note in the lower left corner that says that "Each DP Plus 44 switch requires a Power Inserter on port 1").

I question having so many tuners as I'm baffled by the idea that so many are needed given how many things get replayed more than once in a week. Of course if having three Hoppers allows you to use 3 OTA dongles, that's a pretty good reason.

I have three Hoppers for convenience. I have each set up to record certain things series on one movies on another, etc and if there is a conflict I have a tuner open. Even though it is $5 per month more it is worth that to me, if I am that worried about the $5 I'll skip a pack of cigarettes I need to cut back on anyway :) If I can find a good place to put it I am not convinced I might not get a fourth.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)