3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

My chat experience...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Susan J.
(03) Susan J: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Susan J: I am sorry, this promotion is not available on your account.

why? says on the web site all I have to provide is a valid email address

(03) Susan J: Please note that the requirement of this promotion is that the account should be more then 15 year old.

web site says nothing of a 15 year customer requirement

this is the info provided on the DN website about the new promotion...Existing DISH Network customers: requires qualifying programming package, including a minimum of Classic Bronze 100, TurboHD Bronze, DishLATINO Clásico or a select International programming package. You must either sign up for AutoPay with Paperless Billing or provide a valid email address. You will receive a credit for each of the first 3 months.

nothing about 15 years as a customer

(03) Susan J: I will process the $10 credit.

$10 credit for what?

(03) Susan J: I am offering the $10 credit to you for the inconvenience caused.

what inconvenience?

(03) Susan J: Yes.

Susan, yes what? everyone is receiving the new promotion. Even people who already subscribe to HBO are getting 3 months free. your 15 year customer thing is bull and you trying to sooth me with a $10 credit which says you were wrong

(03) Susan J: I understand your concern.
(03) Susan J: Let me check what best I can do for you.
(03) Susan J: Your patience is greatly appreciated.

you want to give me $10 credit then that's fine...I'm not happy about how you handled the promo, but I'll get over it

(03) Susan J: I will go ahead and offer you HBO and Showtime free for 3 months.
(03) Susan J: As you have been our wonderful customer.
(03) Susan J: Is that okay?

and I will go ahead and accept your offer for you have been a wonderful CSR

(03) Susan J: Thank you.
(03) Susan J: You are all set.
(03) Susan J: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I added the HBO/Showtime deal yesterday. Never added the HBO/Starz, so I just added it via the Dish website offer.

Have to say I was disappointed by the Showtime HD channels! Maybe it was just a bad selection of movies the first time through, but the HD PQ was terrible...and noticed that all the Showtime channels had channed ID bugs in the lower right. Never seen that on any of the movie channels before. Think I'll stick with HBO & Cinemax!

I got the "free" HBO a few weeks ago cuz I was a "wonderful" customer. Then I got my bill today and they charged me $14.18 from 5-16 to 6-4. Then the monthly charges off $22.00 from 6-5 to 7-4 are also on there.

Maybe most of the people now speak English, but the procedures of the company are close to being "shady".

People- check your bills.

Here's my chat:

23-12-3) Brandon L.: I see you are calling about HBO charges?

tom: yes

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I’m very sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: Can you verify the address and zip code on the account please?

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: Thank you.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I see on 5/16/09 you called in for HBO and Showtime promotion, it was not available so the agent gave you HBO free for 3 months. The HBO is charging $12.00/month, I see the agent gave you $15.00/month which is $3.00 additional. The credits did not reflect on the most recent bill as it can take a full billing cycle to reflect on the account. You will start seeing those credits on your next bill.

tom: Yet my bill states from May 16-June 4, I. am being charged 14.18. Then from June 5-July 4, I am being billed 22.00. So you can charge me immediately, but you can't give me a credit for something that is free for another month? Does that sound right to you?

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I do see the previous month you did receive 2 sets of credits for this programming.

tom: that was the old promotion.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: The reason for this is because our billing is billed 1 month in advance.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I apologize for any inconvenience.

tom: You know what- just go ahead and take the HBO off right now.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I understand. I will remove this for you, and make the proper adjustments.

tom: I will not be taking advantage (?) of any future promotions with your company. Your billing procedures are ridiculous.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I'm terribly sorry you feel this way.

tom: How can you bill me now, and give me credits later? Does not make any sense other than you get your money now, and the customer has to make sure on his end it is correct the next month.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: Unfortunately, the credits can take a full billing cycle to reflect on the account.

tom yochim: I have had many issues in the past with the billing of my account with you. Can you tell me what date my commitment is over with Dish?

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I will check on that for you.
(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I see it expires on 1/31/11.

tom: and how much per month will it cost me to end it?

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: It would be $10/month for each month remaining.

tom: You know, that sounds like it's worth it at this point. I am tired of having to "check" my bill every month to see if it's correct. As soon as I can get something else in here, I will give you a call to cancel.

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I'm terribly sorry to hear that.
(23-12-3) Brandon L.: I have removed HBO and the additional credits for it for you. Your new monthly rate is $82.98.
(23-12-3) Brandon L.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

tom: no- you guys have done just about enough

(23-12-3) Brandon L.: Since you have indicated that there is nothing more that I can assist you with, I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.

Last edited:
Yes I dealt with this same problem on both of my accounts for "FREE" Hbo/starz promotion. I had to call every month for 3 months to get the credit for 22.00 and they would say the same thing about billing a month in advance etc. I finally had to cancel the entire thing due to the fact they keep on adding the difference in the bill back into the amount of the next bill. I kept saying to them : How can my bill go up when I have FREE HBo and STarz? I mean my bill is higher now than before I added it. I too will never add anything FREE to my account ever again with DISH . They know just how to make you pay for it . Shady dealings for sure.

Yes I dealt with this same problem on both of my accounts for "FREE" Hbo/starz promotion. I had to call every month for 3 months to get the credit for 22.00 and they would say the same thing about billing a month in advance etc. I finally had to cancel the entire thing due to the fact they keep on adding the difference in the bill back into the amount of the next bill. I kept saying to them : How can my bill go up when I have FREE HBo and STarz? I mean my bill is higher now than before I added it. I too will never add anything FREE to my account ever again with DISH . They know just how to make you pay for it . Shady dealings for sure.

I had the same problem at the beginning as well. When I did the online chat, they took care of the problem, and in a very nice way. Apparently, whoever fixed it didn't put in the 1/3, 2/3, and 3/3 credit system, so I'm now almost five months into the HBO/Starz promo for free. Starz movie library is garbage, but I was going to keep HBO anyway. So, I'm not tempting fate by asking about the Showtime deal.

I had the same problem at the beginning as well. When I did the online chat, they took care of the problem, and in a very nice way. Apparently, whoever fixed it didn't put in the 1/3, 2/3, and 3/3 credit system, so I'm now almost five months into the HBO/Starz promo for free. Starz movie library is garbage, but I was going to keep HBO anyway. So, I'm not tempting fate by asking about the Showtime deal.

I got the deal the first time for Hbo/Starz online chat. I then called and talked to the supervisor and finally the last time the retention people to try to fix the bill and to no avail. They gave me credits to "fix" things but the next month the bill would go back up by the difference from the last months bill total being added back into the next month. DISH needs to fix these things. THis causes negative experience for subs, who often feel that they are being shady and dishonest,which in turn causes needless churn.

I got the deal the first time for Hbo/Starz online chat. I then called and talked to the supervisor and finally the last time the retention people to try to fix the bill and to no avail. They gave me credits to "fix" things but the next month the bill would go back up by the difference from the last months bill total being added back into the next month. DISH needs to fix these things. THis causes negative experience for subs, who often feel that they are being shady and dishonest,which in turn causes needless churn.

I always have that difference on my paper bill as well. I just went and looked at it. I do autopay. The actual copy of the paper bill says the full amount will be charged on the 24th, but on the account due line when you click on "accessing your account", it shows the HBO/Starz credit factored in. And, no matter what my paper bill says every month, that is what I'm charged, with no past due charges or anything showing up. If I would have done it thru the mail I guess I would never have known. The amount has been the same for the last five months so I usually never even view the actual bill.

I 'm glad for you that they gave you the credits properly. ON my accounts they never did apply them with credit 1 of 3 , 2 of 3 or 3 of 3 . I always had to call and have the credit applied after the fact. But my main gripe is that my next months bill will always have the difference in what I paid ,due to the late credits , added back into next months bill making it go up by that amount. So I would have to call again and have the amount reduced . I will try the ceo address and see if they can fix this once and for all. I should never have to pay more to get something free or to have the free item removed.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Hepsibah T..
(03) Hepsibah T.: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Hepsibah T.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Hepsibah T.: Please go ahead with your questions.
Good evening, I recently saw on the website that there is an HBO/Showtime offer for 3 months I am wondering if I would be able to get in on that deal
(03) Hepsibah T.: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
(03) Hepsibah T.: Let me look into your account.
ok great
(03) Hepsibah T.: I see that you have already availed this promotion HBO and Starz in the month of December.
correct I did have the HBO and Stars promotion when I upgraded to HD
(03) Hepsibah T.: As you have been a good customer, I will make a note on your account.
(03) Hepsibah T.: You can add this promotion within couple of days.
thank you very much! that is very nice of you
(03) Hepsibah T.: You're very welcome.
(03) Hepsibah T.: It's my pleasure to assist you today.
(03) Hepsibah T.: Have I answered everything to your satisfaction?
Thanks for your help! You did
(03) Hepsibah T.: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.

I got the "free" HBO a few weeks ago cuz I was a "wonderful" customer. Then I got my bill today and they charged me $14.18 from 5-16 to 6-4. Then the monthly charges off $22.00 from 6-5 to 7-4 are also on there.

Maybe most of the people now speak English, but the procedures of the company are close to being "shady".

People- check your bills.

So I'm going to try something creative-

I've had them take me off autopay. I will pay my current bill minus the "free" HBO and tell them to forget the credits they owe me.

I bet they make plenty of time to remove those credits before my next bill gets generated.

I was told that they added the HBO & Showtime promotion. Then about 1 month later they started charging me for both. I'm trying to get it resolved as I write.

Check your bills indeed! Thanks Tomyo10.

EDIT: They credited me $44 (2 months @ $22 for both packages) after I contacted them. I still think it's going to be wrong in the end, so I need to keep an eye on it.

1st post - I've been a lurker on the site since I started researching Dish's TurboHD back in September.

I finally wanted to write based on my experience trying to get the free 3 months of HBO & Showtime.

I had 3 free months of HBO & Starz back when I first signed up for Dish in September (did a 2-year commitment with autopay to get the free Cinemax), so I figured that ended in time to have 6-months of no specials, therefor I should be eligible for this new promotion.

Today I did the online chat to start the promotion, and of course they said no. He offered 1 free month of Showtime as I mentioned we wanted to see "Weeds" tonight. Then after explaining what I saw on the Dish site for the promotion, he upped it to 3 months of just Showtime. I finally tracked down the page with the promotion and pasted the text into the chat. Then after waiting "2-3 minutes to research", he came back applying both channels for 3 months for free. I mad sure to take jpg screenprints of the chat session in case I get home and find out the channels didn't actually get added. And based on all the people here who have billing problems with the promotion, I'll hang on to the pictures in case I need to prove myself down the road with Dish.

The only other notable thing is that I also "complained" about how I was told I'd get new HD channels when they were released when I signed up for TurboHD, and specifically mentioned VH1 and MTV. He did say:
"I see that VH1 is available in HD however you have to change your package in order to get the channel in HD to Silver HD package with Classic Silver 200. Soon the channel will be added to Turbo package within few more days".

Is that a standard line of smoke they blow about it being added soon, or is this maybe early release of news coming on the upcoming Charlie Chat? I'll keep my fingers crossed, though he used the magic word "soon" which in Dish-speak means "when we feel like it".

Mike

1st post - I've been a lurker on the site since I started researching Dish's TurboHD back in September.

I finally wanted to write based on my experience trying to get the free 3 months of HBO & Showtime.

I had 3 free months of HBO & Starz back when I first signed up for Dish in September (did a 2-year commitment with autopay to get the free Cinemax), so I figured that ended in time to have 6-months of no specials, therefor I should be eligible for this new promotion.

Today I did the online chat to start the promotion, and of course they said no. He offered 1 free month of Showtime as I mentioned we wanted to see "Weeds" tonight. Then after explaining what I saw on the Dish site for the promotion, he upped it to 3 months of just Showtime. I finally tracked down the page with the promotion and pasted the text into the chat. Then after waiting "2-3 minutes to research", he came back applying both channels for 3 months for free. I mad sure to take jpg screenprints of the chat session in case I get home and find out the channels didn't actually get added. And based on all the people here who have billing problems with the promotion, I'll hang on to the pictures in case I need to prove myself down the road with Dish.

The only other notable thing is that I also "complained" about how I was told I'd get new HD channels when they were released when I signed up for TurboHD, and specifically mentioned VH1 and MTV. He did say:
"I see that VH1 is available in HD however you have to change your package in order to get the channel in HD to Silver HD package with Classic Silver 200. Soon the channel will be added to Turbo package within few more days".

Is that a standard line of smoke they blow about it being added soon, or is this maybe early release of news coming on the upcoming Charlie Chat? I'll keep my fingers crossed, though he used the magic word "soon" which in Dish-speak means "when we feel like it".

Mike

It's hard to tell whether the CSR was blowing smoke or not. Attendees at Team Summit last month reported they were told that something would be done about the missing HD channels (4 Viacom and 4 Fox) for the Turbo subscribers. Since the missing HD channels has been a know problem since February, many of us Turbo subs have been sceptical that anything would actually be done about it. I'm not counting on anything until I actually see them in my guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)