3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, I got shot down by Betty; here is her reasoning:

(03) Betty S: We do have the promotion for HBO and Showtime free for 3 months, however that promotion is not available in your account.
(03) Betty S: You already have HBO on the account that is the reason this promotion is not available right now.
(03) Betty S: In order to provide the promotion deal , you should not have movie package on the account for minimum 6 months to get enrolled under the promotion deal.

Just got "Betty S". Shes a tough cookie, this was my second try, no dice, same reason, I had HBO/Starz promo, so I have to wait a couple months to qualify for the next promo. I don't give up that easy, I'll keep trying until it works.

I currently have American Everything, this deal isn't available to me.

The rep tried to remove it and add Showtime/HBO separately but I ended up with higher bill (not to mention lost DVR credits). So no promo for me.

I see this promo is listed on the Dish's home page (see the link below)

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

See the fine print. It looks like everyone should qualify (who meet the conditions on the bottom).

Can someone email CEO address to have this fixed in the computer?

I just called in to complain that they charged me the 5.00 for not having a phone line hooked up.....I have always had 2 phone lines hooked up and never been charged 5.00. She checked my account and said she sees I have never been charged and asked if I see caller ID on both boxes with the phone line and of course I do.

So she took off the 5.00 and said if it is on next month's bill to call and they will have tech support check something.

Then as I was saying thank you she said would you like HBO & Showtime free for 3 months, and I said I already pay for Showtime.
Doesn't matter she said...you will get both free for 3 months..and lowered my bill by 10.00 for the next 3 months. Very pleasant person and from what I could tell, was in this country!!:)

I had hdo/starz (expired), so they only gave me showtime for 3 months.

John W.

I went to online chat and asked, "Valerie K." offered me one month of Showtime since I already had the HBO/Starz promotion. Then get this, after 30 minutes I didn't have showtime and went back to online chat. The gentlemen I spoke with said it wasn't added due to "technical difficulties" and gave me 3 months of Showtime!

I went to online chat and asked, "Valerie K." offered me one month of Showtime since I already had the HBO/Starz promotion. Then get this, after 30 minutes I didn't have showtime and went back to online chat. The gentlemen I spoke with said it wasn't added due to "technical difficulties" and gave me 3 months of Showtime!

Ahhh. wish I could be that fortunate, all I got was a $5 credit for 3 months because I had the same issue.

The guy that I spoke to was "Raymond K.". I swear I think all there last names start with K. So if you guys are playing CSR Roulette, he's pretty fast and polite.
Methinks they are randomly generated - because the same Raymond K was an absolute jerk to me (even when I was being totally polite). But I chatted 2 or 3 more times and finally someone hooked me up.

I also had the HBO/Starz promo, and it ended yesterday. At first they denied me the HBO/Showtime promo, but after I reminded them that I have been a long time customer and I do subscribe to substantial programming, there was a 2 minute wait and the next thing I knew I was signed up for the promo.

I was the one that they told I couldn't get the free preview beause some of the programming came off of an eastern arc satellite and I am western arc so I requested a wing dish. The installers called and said I didn't need it because the HD locals would be available off of 129and the story about the preview channels not being available was bs. . Blue Sky Satellite gave me HBO, Showtime & Starz for 3 months free. They even gave me a call back # and employee name & badge # if I had a problem. Now that is good old USA service. "John"

I also had the HBO/Starz promo, and it ended yesterday. At first they denied me the HBO/Showtime promo, but after I reminded them that I have been a long time customer and I do subscribe to substantial programming, there was a 2 minute wait and the next thing I knew I was signed up for the promo.

Tried to play the roulette wheel with 3 CSR's via tech chat, all three told me that since my HBO/Starz promo just ended that they were actually "blocked" in their system from trying to add the HBO/Showtime promo. I even tried the long time customer line and got no where. Lucky you.

Speaking of which, last week I used the on-line programming (change) menu to remove my promo HBO/Starz and Platinum HD packages. Packages came off the bill and I did not get charged the $5 downgrade fee.

But just last night I noticed that Platinum channels were still on. Am I losing my mind, or are these now on free preview, or what?

Speaking of which, last week I used the on-line programming (change) menu to remove my promo HBO/Starz and Platinum HD packages. Packages came off the bill and I did not get charged the $5 downgrade fee.

But just last night I noticed that Platinum channels were still on. Am I losing my mind, or are these now on free preview, or what?

Not sure, but I added the Platinum and HBO/Starz promos at the same time and the HBO promo expired on Monday while the Platinum promo is good for another 2 weeks. I have no idea why. And I've had no luck in getting in on three months of HBO/Showtime. I haven't even been offered Showtime for a month. I guess I'll keep trying.

Tried to play the roulette wheel with 3 CSR's via tech chat, all three told me that since my HBO/Starz promo just ended that they were actually "blocked" in their system from trying to add the HBO/Showtime promo. I even tried the long time customer line and got no where. Lucky you.

I took off Starz/HBO last Tuesday. I called in today figuring I'd at least try this once. Why not. Told the CSR that I just finished the free 3 months Starz/HBO promo and was wondering if I was eligible for the free 3 months of Showtime/HBO. Then she put me on hold and I was expecting a "no" which I would have totally understood. But then she said "yes", she could do that for me.

Told me the channels would be up in 10 to 15 minutes. Over 1/2 an hour later the channels still aren't on, so I'm guessing like you, that the HBO/Showtime promo is automatically blocked on their system now if you did the HBO/Starz one.

Same thing happened to me today, 1st try CSR said she would do it and it would be up in 15 minutes, two hours went by so I called again and was told that they could not do it but would manually put it in for 1 month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)