3 Months free of Showtime and HBO

Well, I got shot down by Betty; here is her reasoning:

(03) Betty S: We do have the promotion for HBO and Showtime free for 3 months, however that promotion is not available in your account.
(03) Betty S: You already have HBO on the account that is the reason this promotion is not available right now.
(03) Betty S: In order to provide the promotion deal , you should not have movie package on the account for minimum 6 months to get enrolled under the promotion deal.

Just got "Betty S". Shes a tough cookie, this was my second try, no dice, same reason, I had HBO/Starz promo, so I have to wait a couple months to qualify for the next promo. I don't give up that easy, I'll keep trying until it works.

I currently have American Everything, this deal isn't available to me.

The rep tried to remove it and add Showtime/HBO separately but I ended up with higher bill (not to mention lost DVR credits). So no promo for me.

I see this promo is listed on the Dish's home page (see the link below)

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

See the fine print. It looks like everyone should qualify (who meet the conditions on the bottom).

Can someone email CEO address to have this fixed in the computer?

I just called in to complain that they charged me the 5.00 for not having a phone line hooked up.....I have always had 2 phone lines hooked up and never been charged 5.00. She checked my account and said she sees I have never been charged and asked if I see caller ID on both boxes with the phone line and of course I do.

So she took off the 5.00 and said if it is on next month's bill to call and they will have tech support check something.

Then as I was saying thank you she said would you like HBO & Showtime free for 3 months, and I said I already pay for Showtime.
Doesn't matter she said...you will get both free for 3 months..and lowered my bill by 10.00 for the next 3 months. Very pleasant person and from what I could tell, was in this country!!:)

I had hdo/starz (expired), so they only gave me showtime for 3 months.

John W.

I went to online chat and asked, "Valerie K." offered me one month of Showtime since I already had the HBO/Starz promotion. Then get this, after 30 minutes I didn't have showtime and went back to online chat. The gentlemen I spoke with said it wasn't added due to "technical difficulties" and gave me 3 months of Showtime!

I went to online chat and asked, "Valerie K." offered me one month of Showtime since I already had the HBO/Starz promotion. Then get this, after 30 minutes I didn't have showtime and went back to online chat. The gentlemen I spoke with said it wasn't added due to "technical difficulties" and gave me 3 months of Showtime!

Ahhh. wish I could be that fortunate, all I got was a $5 credit for 3 months because I had the same issue.

The guy that I spoke to was "Raymond K.". I swear I think all there last names start with K. So if you guys are playing CSR Roulette, he's pretty fast and polite.
Methinks they are randomly generated - because the same Raymond K was an absolute jerk to me (even when I was being totally polite). But I chatted 2 or 3 more times and finally someone hooked me up.

I also had the HBO/Starz promo, and it ended yesterday. At first they denied me the HBO/Showtime promo, but after I reminded them that I have been a long time customer and I do subscribe to substantial programming, there was a 2 minute wait and the next thing I knew I was signed up for the promo.

I was the one that they told I couldn't get the free preview beause some of the programming came off of an eastern arc satellite and I am western arc so I requested a wing dish. The installers called and said I didn't need it because the HD locals would be available off of 129and the story about the preview channels not being available was bs. . Blue Sky Satellite gave me HBO, Showtime & Starz for 3 months free. They even gave me a call back # and employee name & badge # if I had a problem. Now that is good old USA service. "John"

I also had the HBO/Starz promo, and it ended yesterday. At first they denied me the HBO/Showtime promo, but after I reminded them that I have been a long time customer and I do subscribe to substantial programming, there was a 2 minute wait and the next thing I knew I was signed up for the promo.

Tried to play the roulette wheel with 3 CSR's via tech chat, all three told me that since my HBO/Starz promo just ended that they were actually "blocked" in their system from trying to add the HBO/Showtime promo. I even tried the long time customer line and got no where. Lucky you.

Speaking of which, last week I used the on-line programming (change) menu to remove my promo HBO/Starz and Platinum HD packages. Packages came off the bill and I did not get charged the $5 downgrade fee.

But just last night I noticed that Platinum channels were still on. Am I losing my mind, or are these now on free preview, or what?

Speaking of which, last week I used the on-line programming (change) menu to remove my promo HBO/Starz and Platinum HD packages. Packages came off the bill and I did not get charged the $5 downgrade fee.

But just last night I noticed that Platinum channels were still on. Am I losing my mind, or are these now on free preview, or what?

Not sure, but I added the Platinum and HBO/Starz promos at the same time and the HBO promo expired on Monday while the Platinum promo is good for another 2 weeks. I have no idea why. And I've had no luck in getting in on three months of HBO/Showtime. I haven't even been offered Showtime for a month. I guess I'll keep trying.

Tried to play the roulette wheel with 3 CSR's via tech chat, all three told me that since my HBO/Starz promo just ended that they were actually "blocked" in their system from trying to add the HBO/Showtime promo. I even tried the long time customer line and got no where. Lucky you.

I took off Starz/HBO last Tuesday. I called in today figuring I'd at least try this once. Why not. Told the CSR that I just finished the free 3 months Starz/HBO promo and was wondering if I was eligible for the free 3 months of Showtime/HBO. Then she put me on hold and I was expecting a "no" which I would have totally understood. But then she said "yes", she could do that for me.

Told me the channels would be up in 10 to 15 minutes. Over 1/2 an hour later the channels still aren't on, so I'm guessing like you, that the HBO/Showtime promo is automatically blocked on their system now if you did the HBO/Starz one.

Same thing happened to me today, 1st try CSR said she would do it and it would be up in 15 minutes, two hours went by so I called again and was told that they could not do it but would manually put it in for 1 month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts