30 Day grace period?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clanger

Original poster
May 14, 2004
Last week I signed up for Directv when I heard the HD channels would be lauching on the 19. I have an install date for Friday the 21. Today after hearing the channels didn't happen I called Directv to cancel my installation. I told them that the reason I was cancelling was that the new Hd channels didn't launch today and didn't want to be without my Hd channels. I currently have Fios. They said that There was a problem and they should be up on Friday. They also said that I have a 30 day grace period and I can cancel anytime within those 30 days and not have to pay cancellation fees. Does anybody know If this is true about the 30 day grace period?
Thanks

Yes Directv gives you a 30 day grace period.

Cancel before your install date since missed today`s release? Worse case scenario is get install and wait week for new HD. Why sign up in first place if so ready to bail so easily?

I signed up because of the HD channels. I don't want to sign up and then find out the channels are not going to be added for a long period of time. I get a good amount of HD from Fios right now and love the picture quality, but from what I have read they will not be adding that many more channels until they get rid of the analog channels. I use to have Directv about 2 years ago and left them because of the lack of HD channels. The only channels I really watch are the HD channels.

I signed up because of the HD channels. I don't want to sign up and then find out the channels are not going to be added for a long period of time. I get a good amount of HD from Fios right now and love the picture quality, but from what I have read they will not be adding that many more channels until they get rid of the analog channels. I use to have Directv about 2 years ago and left them because of the lack of HD channels. The only channels I really watch are the HD channels.
Have them send an Email so you have the 30 days printed out not verbally stated. Are you sure you want to sign a 24 mo. contract seeing you are already bailing out.:)

There is nothing about a thirty day grace period in the contract/lease agreement you will sign when you become a customer.

Just because you were told something on the phone doesn't mean it will get you out of the contract if you sign the lease agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)