30 second skip? How?

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Has anybody been able to get the "30 second skip" to work on a dvr recording?

If so, what buttons do you use? I haven't been able to figure this out, and I'm tired of fast-forwarding through stuff.

Thanks!

I mentioned that a while back and Brian said they would get it implemented. Its not working right now

Here is my post and response
http://www.satelliteguys.us/microhd...velopment-feature-requests-2.html#post2910502

me said:
playback skip interval
I noticed int he menus you can change it from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes and you can press a button and it skips that far ahead (like my Directv DVR does).....But what button on the remote lets you do that?
satelliteav said:
Should be the Up/ Up key, but I see that that is not assigned. Will fix. Thank you!

Brian mentioned a software update probably next week that fixes alot of bugs. Hope this is in it :)

With the DVR Playback Banner displayed, press the right or left navigation keys once or multiple times to jump ahead or backwards on the timeline in increments, then press List/OK key to go to this point.

We are attempting to repurpose the UpUp/Down/Down keys for this feature.

With the DVR Playback Banner displayed, press the right or left navigation keys once or multiple times to jump ahead or backwards on the timeline in increments, then press List/OK key to go to this point.

We are attempting to repurpose the UpUp/Down/Down keys for this feature.

This works, but it usually jumps too far.

The info screen mode is something that is native to the chipsets. The jump increments are dependent on the length of the recording.

The assignable skip mode was inadvertently overwritten when we assigned the List page jump up/down function to the Up/Up, DownDown keys. We are working on both returning the skip function and retaining the list jump function to these two keys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)