3100 Receiver Problems

aymster

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
ontario
I have 4 receivers hooked up through a SW44 switch. The cable for one of the 31oo receivers was unhooked momentarily and then reconnected. Prior to disconnecting it the receiver was working fine. I am now unable to receive a signal on that receiver. When I run the check switch option it is not recognizing the switch either. Am still receiving signal on the other 3 receivers without any complications, just seems to be this one for some reason. Any ideas on what to do?

Check the cable connector for any signs of braiding that might be creating a short inside.

After that, try swapping another 3100 into this location, to see if it is the location or receiver causing a problem.

Some of the channels are coming in but the giude is not being downloaded. Also when you change channels before the program comes up the error message for Temporarily not receiving signal is there. It seems like the receiver doesnt want to lock in to a signal permanently

In addition to not receiving a signal on the 3100 I am now not receiving a signal on my 4100. This receiver was working last night, turned it on this morning and there is no signal. So out of my 4 receivers only 2 of them are getting a signal. No wiring has been changed around. Could this be a problem with the switch itself? It seems like the 2 receivers that are getting a signal are on the left side of the switch (in spots 1 & 3) and the 2 not getting a signal are on the right side (spots 2 & 4). Is there anything that i can try before going out and buying a new switch or paying the money to have a tech come out and look at it?

Seems to point to the switch...

Best way to do this troubleshooting is to use one receiver that works...

Move the receiver from one port on the multiswitch to another, taking notes as you go as to what works and what doesn't.

Repeat for each receiver. If all goes as I suspect, receivers are OK

Odds are you'll find a consistent pattern pointing to one or more dead switch ports.

BTW, I was warned ages ago to never work with the switch connections while unit was powered... seems that the voltage spike that sometimes happens can damage a switch internally. Receivers however seem to be a bit more robust... but working with units off is always a better idea...

Regards...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)