33" "mini BUD" Is it possible?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now i am not saying it wouldn't be fun. but you spend the money and you don't get what you expect it will be a let down. You may find a bud down there somewhere for free. You could always paint it a "sand" color so it can blend in with its surroundings. they don't look band if you install them neatly and painted. a 7.5' will give you pretty strong performance on all sats.
there may be a couple of hard to get feeds on dvb s2 that a 7.5' won't get but I have a 10' and 7.5'. The 7.5' will get almost everything the 10' will.

Now i am not saying it wouldn't be fun. but you spend the money and you don't get what you expect it will be a let down. You may find a bud down there somewhere for free. You could always paint it a "sand" color so it can blend in with its surroundings. they don't look band if you install them neatly and painted. a 7.5' will give you pretty strong performance on all sats.
there may be a couple of hard to get feeds on dvb s2 that a 7.5' won't get but I have a 10' and 7.5'. The 7.5' will get almost everything the 10' will.

So, if I paint the lower third of a solid BUD sand colored, the middle third ocean color and the upper third sky color you think mama won't notice? ;)

Not gonna happen - but I've got my eyes on 2 mesh BUDS that look to be about 6' or so - have not gotten close enough to them yet, need to go by and check them out.

Have a hunch I "might" be able to get away with pole mount of a mesh BUD on the slope down to the beach (but it would be placed way higher than the highest storm tide I've ever seen). Might be able to get it out of mama's LOS that way. Hmmmm......

Easier to apologize that it is to ask permission. Besides, when she sees the channels you get with it maybe she'll forgive you. :D

I've worked on my wife for two years to allow a BUD. Tomorrow I get the auger and cement from Home Depot. :hungry:

Anole,
if I do go with that 4' dish, I saw that they sell a c-band bracket. What lnb should I get? And will that lnb be get me both c & ku signals? Thanks

I'm assuming now, that you're looking at local pickup of a 4' dish from SatelliteAV?
Yes, they offer a big bracket that takes a C-band LNBF. (but it's optional)
Doesn't sound like a 4' dish will get you the stations on C-band that you want, but...

You could use the CK-1 LNBF from SatelliteAV or from Sadoun. (it's the same product)
Or, the DMX-741 from WSI would be a good alternate. - :up
Both do C- and Ku-band.
Or, there are other good C-only options, including LNBFs from all three of the above vendors.

You'll need to buy the conical scalar from Sadoun or WSI. (it's the same one)

And as I said, you'd want the DG380 motor from Sadoun.

Links to all three of these Gold Sponsors are at the top of each page in the forum.

edit:
And read up on the forum, looking for others who have that dish, scalar, LNBF, and see what they've reported.

My 1M mini-bud works pretty good on both 91 and 99, for the most part. I do get picture break up from time to time. I'm using a conical scalar ring on mine as the flat scalar didn't give me a good enough signal to get a lock with my receivers.

If you have a choice, get the 1.2M dish. Definitely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts