35-DN34 switch install problems

gnuorder

Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
I'm remodeling my house and plan to combine sat and TV into one cable to several rooms. I have a dishpro 500 dish and a moterized FTA dish and 2 35-DN34 switches. I tried hooking up one switch to the dishpro LNBF per the diagrams but when I do, I get 20% signal and no quality. I tried the other switch with the same results. The receivers work fine without the switch. I currently have a DN 311 and a Viewsat Ultra and plan to buy HD DVR versions of both in the near future so I need to get this problem solved. Thank you.

Last edited:
What kind of LNBs do you have?

I have a dishpro twin LNB and a Invacom Quad LNBF QPH-031. I currently have one line to my FTA reciever and a second line to my DP reciever. I wanted either receiver to work in any room. I still haven't gotten it to work with only the DP LNBFs and I assume the switch was bad from the start. Sadoun never responded to my emails so I think I will look for a similar switch elsewhere.

What I want is to combine the dishpro for constant 110 and 118 programming and the Invacom for my motorized FTA and my Cable signal into one cable to each room. I have 3 runs I need now but will altimately have maybe 6 or 7 runs so I need the ability to cascade them. Does anyone have a recommended switch that can do that?

Hi,

I just saw your thread here. Could you explain again what exactly you are trying to accomplish? I am confused a little on what your end goal is for your setup.

Since you have a motorized FTA dish, only one FTA receiver will be able to control the motor.

I haven't tried a 35-DN34 switch with an FTA receiver. So I don't know how you would set that up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)