36" dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My sg2100 motor has a 30 degree bend in the shaft. The scale on the dish had to be adjusted to 30 degrees minus declination angle. You want the dish declined from the axis of rotation of the motor by the declination angle. Then it traces out a cone that has all the satellites on its edge.

I don't know if I am helping but I am pretty sure I am saying it right!

I'm assuming that the shaft on my hh90 has the same bend. The site of stab gives me the dish elevation @ 38.5 & dishpointer gives me 38 based on my geo location.
I guess that these numbers are taking this bend into account.
What I do not understand is: Declination Angle: 6.5°!
Why do I need this # to play with it ?

The bend in the shaft is to lower the overall centre of gravity of the dish setup. A straight shaft would work the same as long as the dish was angled down by the amount of the declination angle. The bend in the shaft also considerably confuses people who are trying so set up motorized systems.

My dish is angled down from the motor axis by the amount of the declination angle. Since my motor has a thirty degree bend my dish is angled up from that part of the motor shaft by thirty degrees less the declination angle which is about twenty-three point something degrees. That is the number I read on the scale on the dish.

disconnected the motor, set it up the dish elevation @ 41.2 as for 83w (true south) on a fixed dish.
Got good q and the dish (&motor), is able to find 85, 87, 89 but nothing beyond this point.
It looks like 38 or 38.5 dish elevation info are wrong !

Hello again!

If you only get satellites near true south but not further away it is because your motor is not at the right tilt. The axis of rotation of the motor must be parallel to the axis of rotation of the earth.

rogerduncan100

Hello again!

If you only get satellites near true south but not further away it is because your motor is not at the right tilt. The axis of rotation of the motor must be parallel to the axis of rotation of the earth.

rogerduncan100

Elevation isn't his problem but the Declination angle is wrong.

Well, I took advantage of few mild days & set it up on the roof. I can get everything from 30w to 110w where is another tall tree.
Hope to cover the rest of the belt in spring with the prime f. on another location.
S9 is doing good in moving the dish, but nano & xfactor do not move the dish.
also noticed a limitation to 99 sat in the sat list menu for S9. What if another sat will be lunched ? Just keep erasing & adding up to 99 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts