381 Program Guide Issues

PCOManager

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Midwestern USA
I have about 200-300 381 receivers that it is taking 5-7 attempts at loading the program guide before it will actually load. Anybody else experiencing this? I understand that the 381 user pool is probably greatly depleted as this is a junk receiver, but unfortunatley we bought a ton of them and can't get anybody, including Dish, to buy them so I am stuck assigning them to SD package subs. This seems to be a Dish issue to me but typical they won't admit it, they'll just fix it after enough complaints come in.

Try rebooting it after it is activated

Most 381s were shipped with outdated software and will not take an update until they have been activated.

Once it is fully authorized, power it off so it can download new software

Try rebooting it after it is activated

Most 381s were shipped with outdated software and will not take an update until they have been activated.

Once it is fully authorized, power it off so it can download new software

Software is up to date, P461. I've got 200-300 of them doing it. This is operating in QAM mode in a QAM system on receivers that have already been activated. We've taken all of the normal troubleshooting steps (QAM Scan, hard/soft reboots, verifying transponders, taking signal readings) everything is gold, yet problem persists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)