3D feature question!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Does or will the VIP722K have 3D capabilities to be able to watch the 3D PPV and or 3D programming when Dish makes it available? I know the new Hopper dvr has it built in already, but was not sure if the 722K did.

When a significant percentage of their user base has actually sprung for 3D equipment and want$ the programming?

When a significant percentage of their user base has actually sprung for 3D equipment and want$ the programming?
I just switched to Dish and purchased a 3d HDTV, coming from a very poor cable system and CRT. I would very much like to have some 3d programming available. How might one go about letting Dish know that 3d programming is desired? I have used the email contact on the Dish web site to make it known that I would like more 3d content. Is there some other means to communicate this as well that might be more effective? After all, even if the entire user base wanted 3d, if that fact isn't communicated to Dish then it would never happen. Since we know some Dish employees (DIRT) see these posts, then perhaps threads like this one might be a part of that communications as well. Judging by how many of the TVs that I see being offered for sale in the local Sears and Walmart that have 3d capability with little price increase over non-3d, I would think that there will soon be a large number of customers who are eager for some 3d content. It isn't something I would want to use for my regular day-to-day TV watching, but for some types of movies and other content it really does make things a lot more interesting. Something I would love to see is a show like HGTV's House Hunters in 3d. That could be really interesting.

At this time you made a mistake getting Dish if 3D is important to you. It does not appear they are going to spend time on something so few even have a capability of, let alone want before other things like RSN games in HD, or more national channels in HD.

Do a Google search on why Best Buy is closing many stores. A leading reason - no interest in the public for 3D. Only some are willing to pay anymore even if a little for 3D and not willing to upgrade to get it, sales of the limited 3D media is flat. There are no ongoing plans for networks to broadcast in 3D. (There is always the chance for a one time thing)

When and if 3D media and movie ticket sales accelerate, Dish might consider it. But that bandwidth can serve more popular demands.

Adding 3D capability to a TV costs next to nothing, and adds a line to the features list. Doesn't mean it will ever be used.

When and IF an acceptable glasses free 3D comes out, MAYBE public interest will pick up. Probably require 4K TV to be successful. Think of the bandwidth. The Horror! The Horror!

I wouldn't say the 3D is "important" to me. After all, we are talking about television. It is just something to do when there is nothing else better to do.

As was said above, adding 3D adds next to nothing to a TV's cost, so it is reasonable to think that in time it could easily be a standard feature, such that everyone has it Since many of the current Dish subscribers already have 3d capable receivers then there are apt to be a lot of people who will have the capability to use 3D if they want.

The point of my post was that those who want 3D programming have to communicate that fact to Dish for it to ever happen. In that vein, I will say that they could delete ALL of the sports channels if needed to make room for other programming as far as what I will ever watch. That might not be a popular position, but as I say they won't know what I want if I don't make my voice heard wherever possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)