3d Not Available on HR-20??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I purchased an HR-20 HD DVR at Circuit City about 7 years ago. I recently purchased a Samsung 3d TV. In attempting to watch 3D channels on DTV I got the message that my receiver was not compatible with 3D and to contact customer service.
What are my options for obtaining a new HD DVR with 3D capability?? Am I better off purchasing or ????

I purchased an HR-20 HD DVR at Circuit City about 7 years ago. I recently purchased a Samsung 3d TV. In attempting to watch 3D channels on DTV I got the message that my receiver was not compatible with 3D and to contact customer service.
What are my options for obtaining a new HD DVR with 3D capability?? Am I better off purchasing or ????

If you have the service protection plan.....well, lets just say it is amazing how sometimes a receiver will just not power up.

Yepp ^^^^^ ;)

Also, Id think if you called em and wanted 3D, they may do something for you. I got my HR24 by paying for the upgrade from a 3rd party.

dfergie - I liked your option of obtaining a HR24-500 locally to avoid playing receiver roulette.
Did you obtain your receiver from a big box store or a DTV dealer and is there a credit given for turning in your old receiver??
Thanks to all other forum members for their helpful replies.

Local dealer, no credit for a H20-600, but I didn't watch it anyway so it was worth it... I got the HR24 bug after playing with my Brothers, (they upgraded to 3D, but got lucky and had SWM installed etc... & kept their HR20 as well) I knew from everything I've heard that other than the HR20, the HR24 was what I wanted.

dfergie - I liked your option of obtaining a HR24-500 locally to avoid playing receiver roulette.
Did you obtain your receiver from a big box store or a DTV dealer and is there a credit given for turning in your old receiver??
Thanks to all other forum members for their helpful replies.

Big box stores no longer handle recvrs. :(

As for giving you credit for turning in the old ones, yup, they credit you, they don't charge you a recvr lost fee. ($ 400 + ?)
Remember, the majority of the recvrs out there are Leased and belong to D* and need to be returned what done using.

Actually it's more like 80 % probably, everything after March '06 is Leased.

If I follow Jimbo`s post and purchase a HR-24 from Solid Signal, will I be required to return my HR-20 to DTV since I purchased it about 7 years ago and it is considered an "owned" receiver?? Would then my replacement HR-24 receiver be consiederd "owned" or "leased"???

I do not think you will have to return, can use or deactivate. HR24 will be leased and add 24 month

Yes if you call and tell them you purchased a 3DTV they will upgrade you from a HR20. You might not get a HR24, but you will get a 3D compatable HD DVR.

cspiteri said:
If I follow Jimbo`s post and purchase a HR-24 from Solid Signal, will I be required to return my HR-20 to DTV since I purchased it about 7 years ago and it is considered an "owned" receiver?? Would then my replacement HR-24 receiver be consiederd "owned" or "leased"???

Your purchase from Solid Sifgnal or anywhere else for that matter will be a "lease"... you will have the option to keep the "Owned" HR20 on your account and use it elsewhere or turn it off, but you would not have to return it provided its actually a Owned unit on D*s books.

Status
Please reply by conversation.