H-24, B Band converters

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rethink This

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 12, 2005
Has anyone had issues installing the new H-24 receivers and the need for the up band converters? The converters are not in the carton. Does it make any difference if either SWM or not?

M

Has anyone had issues installing the new H-24 receivers and the need for the up band converters? The converters are not in the carton. Does it make any difference if either SWM or not?

M

I believe that IS the difference, if you have SWM you don't need them.
Without SWM you DO need them ....

They are probably expecting the majority of the HR24's to be assigned to SWM accounts, would be my guess as to why they didn't put them in the boxes.

The HR23 has wideband tuners so that the BBCs aren't needed with the non-SWM installation. But, when the H24/HR24 was introduced they removed the wideband tuners since the unit was meant to be the main SWM DVR where wideband tuners aren't needed. Hence the need for BBCs again with the H24/HR24.

I must say that I am impressed with the SWM/Deca technology. I was proud of Dish for being first up with dual tuners in one cable, but this new Directv stuff is neat.

Now, I'm really confused ...

I thought in some applications you WOULD need the BBC's (non swm), now some are saying it's built in, if it's built in, then you would never need them....

We know we don't need them with a SWM set up.

Do we not need them at all now ????

Anyone have anything definate on this ?

Now, I'm really confused ...

I thought in some applications you WOULD need the BBC's (non swm), now some are saying it's built in, if it's built in, then you would never need them....

We know we don't need them with a SWM set up.

Do we not need them at all now ????

Anyone have anything definate on this ?

In non SWM setups you need bbcs except for on HR23's, and probably H23's I would imagine. They have them built in. You don't need them with any boxes in SWM setups, IIRC.

So (HR24) do you need them or not. Do you need a SWM or one cable is enough from the dish to the receiver.

Last edited:
With the HR24 (also HR20, 21 and 22), you only need BBCs if you DO NOT have SWM. The same applies to the need for more than one cable to feed both tuners.

True story Bob.

The only thing that could be added, is that the same model h-2x, is EXACTLY same as the hr-2x series.

H/HR 20,21,22,24 NEED bbcs, UNLESS they are in a SWM setup.

H/HR 23 DO NOT need bbcs, and won't in a SWM setup as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts