3x4 multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kannamss

Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know if I am posting at the right place, if not sorry. I have a 3x4 multiswitch which I am trying to connect a FTA lnb (from a globecast dish ) and a dual LNBFs from a Direct Tv dish. Can I use a DisEsq/22hz switch before the 3x4 multiswitch to get all the channels on all 4 receivers?

Thanks

Simple answer is DirecTV and true FTA do not mix, so NO! The LNBF's from the E* are probably circular, and the dish is too small for FTA. If what you want is un-encrypted (FREE) satellite TV then we are here to help! And if that is what you want, then this is the right place. Stealing encrypted signals is illegal -by international treaties- International treaties, as I understand what is going on, are now under Homeland Security!. DON'T DO IT.

But if we can help you get FTA, let us know what 4 receivers you have, what LNBF's you have, what is your location and Line of sight, motor or not and we will help you get going.
POP

I have a 3x4 multiswitch which I am trying to connect a FTA lnb (from a globecast dish ) and a dual LNBFs from a Direct Tv dish.
Can I use a DisEsq/22hz switch before the 3x4 multiswitch to get all the channels on all 4 receivers?
Really not enough info here to understand what you are trying to do.
Which satellites are you seeking?
What sort of receivers are you using?
But generally speaking, you don't put switches ahead of a 3x4 multiswitch.
Here is a page on multiswitches in our switch FAQ.
If that post isn't quite what you want, feel free to look through the entire FAQ.
Or, maybe with a clearer question we can refer you to a better page or drawing in that FAQ.

Some equipment can be made to work together, and some cannot (for technical reasons).
Regardless , once we understand better what you want, we can help.

I want to use one RG6 line to get a dual LNBF from a direct TV dish and a single LNB from a globecast dish. I tried to use a 3x4 multiswitch for the direct TV and from one of the output I used a combiner to mix the single LNB to the output from the multiswitch. Will it work?

Thanks

One reason we are confused is that you won't be able to see the DTV channels on any receiver except DTV, and you can't receive the globecast signals on the DTV receiver, I suspect. That makes the whole thing a rather strange request. I'd also need to know whether the DTV dish lnbf had an internal switch, or not.
Do you see my problem ?
:)

The simple answer to your last question is, "NO".
That will not work.

Feeding any single-output LNB to multiple receivers is a tall order (difficult).

Since you have not given any more answers as to receivers or satellites, I cannot offer any advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts