Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
Hi,
I will ask it here as I don't know where else.. In the "What's up there" forum I see guys posting Cband 4:2:2, etc.. I wonder if there is an FTA receiver capable of that or you all use a PCI card or something similar?

thanks.

There is at least one that is available in the US, it's the Qualitv QS 1080IR. It cost $700+. It will also do HD. The PC card route is by far the cheaper way to go. The Qualitv is a European made receiver, and is pre-programmed for European satellites. It also doesn't have blind scan, you have to manually enter PID's. I would not recommend it for a beginner, but I love mine and wouldn't want to do without it.

Al

but you need a computer for the world box. You don't input it like a PC Card into the unit, but it needs the computer to operate

Iceberg said:
but you need a computer for the world box. You don't input it like a PC Card into the unit, but it needs the computer to operate

Yes, every member here has a computer :p

very funny Pete.

What I meant was you have to have the world box hooked to the computer to make it work. Some of us have the computer not near our FTA system :)

I checked the specs/price of many... What is mepg4? Is it HDTV? Because I am sure I found some with : ( HDTV/ MPEG II Decoding Engine: Software.)

I have to read more, I am confused :confused:

but just remember it's cband.. so you not only need the box or the card, you also need a BUD.

mastermesh said:
but just remember it's cband.. so you not only need the box or the card, you also need a BUD.

I think he was mainly asking about 4:2:2... there's lots of 4:2:2 to be had on KU FSS too.

So there is 4:2:2 signals on KU eh? What's up there? Is it real channels that stick around or is it just backhaul/feed stuff? Also, what size dish do you need to get it? I've got a 76 cm Winegard on and a SG2100. Would it be worth my time to get a DVB World Box? What would be available if I got that and ran another line from the Pansat's IF Out back upstairs to the computer room?

master, what comes to mind is NBC. It's not exactly a 24/7 programming channel (mux), but it's basicly a fix location that stays fixed 24/7. i.e., you know where it's at. But, it is 4:2:2, and I wouldn't classify it as backhaul/wild feed either. If you can afford it, the DVB World Box would be a great addition to your hobby. Then, you could get your fix for 4:2:2.

Al

most 4:2:2 channels are feeds on KU. NBC on AMC1 (as voomvoom noted) is realy the closest thing to a 24/7 channel on KU that is 4:2:2

voomvoom said:
There is at least one that is available in the US, it's the Qualitv QS 1080IR. It cost $700+. It will also do HD. The PC card route is by far the cheaper way to go. The Qualitv is a European made receiver, and is pre-programmed for European satellites. It also doesn't have blind scan, you have to manually enter PID's. I would not recommend it for a beginner, but I love mine and wouldn't want to do without it.

Al

If the 1080IR doesn't do blind scan, then how do you scan for feeds?

Status
Please reply by conversation.