4/9/2009 7:04pm - Uplink Activity Report - 27 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like BET is now up but as with some of the other channels, it is also red...not available. I called the dish CSR's and they said they will not be a part of my subscription. i told they should be since I have Turbo HD gold with the platnium, and that covers all channels in HD. She said no, that I would have to subscribe to the classic. I told her if they are not available withen a week, I would call D* I am assuming that they just have to change the package flags. but tells you how smart the CSR's are. Bill

JohnH is handling the uplink reports as stand in right now. The uplink PC had what I believe to be a hardware failure last night. Guess it hung out till the Viacom uplink then croaked.

showing available to me both on the mapdown and at 9510. Off of 61.5 if it matters (I have both 61.5 and 129, but the 622 is picking 61.5).

The new HD channels have not shown up in my Sling Guide yet. Has anyone seen them in theirs yet or will this take another week to get sync'd up?

Not there yet for me, either. I don't know that I would expect them in a week. I'm a Showtime subscriber, and the new Showtime HD's that were added recently still aren't in my sling guide. I submitted a bug report, but have yet to hear anything back.

Looks like BET is now up but as with some of the other channels, it is also red...not available. I called the dish CSR's and they said they will not be a part of my subscription. i told they should be since I have Turbo HD gold with the platnium, and that covers all channels in HD. She said no, that I would have to subscribe to the classic. I told her if they are not available withen a week, I would call D* I am assuming that they just have to change the package flags. but tells you how smart the CSR's are. Bill

Out of curiosity, how much BET do you watch?

JohnH is handling the uplink reports as stand in right now. The uplink PC had what I believe to be a hardware failure last night. Guess it hung out till the Viacom uplink then croaked.

Corrected the issue with the uplink PC. Reseated the 8PSK module and reloaded the drivers. All working fine now.. yay!

Corrected the issue with the uplink PC. Reseated the 8PSK module and reloaded the drivers. All working fine now.. yay!

What was it Neil Armstrong said? "A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind."

Thanks for your work, I am addicted to the uplink reports.:):):)

Regards, Fitzie

Actually it's : "That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind". The "a" has been debated for years, but recent analysis of the tapes indicated that it really is there even if you can't hear it. Just for accuracy :)

Comedy Central seems to be looking better. Granted, I'm only going by the appearance of Scrubs in SD. Still, I'm not seeing the strange, black pixel blocks and other strange macro-blocking and shifting fuzziness that seemed so prevalent yesterday.

I don't see the artifacts on Comedy Central HD anymore. Watching on 61.5.

I have Comedy Central on 61.5, and there were artifacts last night. Haven't checked today yet.

Comedy Central seems to be looking better. Granted, I'm only going by the appearance of Scrubs in SD. Still, I'm not seeing the strange, black pixel blocks and other strange macro-blocking and shifting fuzziness that seemed so prevalent yesterday.

artifacts from yesterday are gone.

No Artifacts Seen On Comedy Central

It is really weird how so many people are reporting artifacts on Comedy Central on the first day we had it in HD. Most say they were gone on the second day, but a few still see them.

I am on 129. I have seen NO artifacts on Comedy Central from the moment they lit it up in HD. Although the Daily Show and the Colbert Report are up conversions, the PQ is WAY better than the SD I was watching earlier this week. What is going on?

Maybe they consider it a downgrade in channels being provided as well, :mad:

That's too bad - but thanks for the update. :)

I have the 250 with HD and I thought I got all HD. But im missing the channels MTV, Nick, and a few others that are listed in Red.

Did Dish introduce a new package that needs ordered to get these? Thought I was able to get all HD.

Not there yet for me, either. I don't know that I would expect them in a week. I'm a Showtime subscriber, and the new Showtime HD's that were added recently still aren't in my sling guide. I submitted a bug report, but have yet to hear anything back.

You will never hear anything back on a bug report. I have submitted at least 10 bug reports. Never heard anything and none of them ever corrected. I quit submitting them. To Hell with Dish and their beta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)